This round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurant and bar openings, plus what’s coming up that should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- Banh Mi TO just opened their doors at 841 Queen Street West, at Niagara between Loaded Pierogi and Subway. Hello, new lunch spot.
- Neapolitan-style pizzeria Pi Co. is continuing its expansion across Toronto with its newest location at 537 Bloor Street West.
- Toronto is warmly welcoming the flavours of New York-ified Australia, in the form of lattes and scrumptious bites at Bluestone Lane, now open at 37 King Street East.
- Just in time for the return of winter, a Game of Thrones-themed bar has arrived in Toronto. Find it at 1602 Dundas West, the bar with many names.
- In the past month, Parkdale has welcomed the city’s first Indian snack bar, a groovy NYC-in-the-’70s-inspired-hangout, and now, Parkdale Pizza.
- Nomads Restobar, a beloved hangout for Danforth-dwellers, just relocated to 701 Queen Street East, right at Broadview.
- Butter Chicken Roti, known for mouthwatering customizable options, just opened up shop at 201 King Street East, directly across from George Brown College.
- Known for their beautiful decor, classy teas and mouthwatering sweets and jams, Kitten and the Bear has opened its doors at 1414 Dundas Street West.
- Maison Selby is elevated and classy, yet somehow also makes you feel like you’re right at home. Savour these French eats in the heritage building at 592 Sherbourne Street.
- From the same people that brought Kensington Market La Chila Taqueria, a sister restaurant has just been born. You’ll find Taqueria Gus at 225 Augusta Avenue.
- Queen Street West just got a brand-new banh mi hub
- You can get buy-one-get-one coffee at this new downtown cafe
- Tokyo's Michelin star ramen restaurant opening outpost in downtown Toronto
- Manulife Centre has confirmed that long-awaited Italian marketplace Eataly will finally open at Bloor-Yonge in late 2019.
- Konjiki Ramen, the Michelin star ramen restaurant from Japan, is about to open a location on Elm Street.
- North of Brooklyn, one of the city’s favourite joints for a pie, will be opening a beer garden at their Rogers Road location this patio season.
- Love it or hate it, Chick-fil-A, best known for fried chicken sandwiches, waffle fries and stirring controversy, looks to be coming to 1 Bloor Street East this summer.
- Mascot Brewery, which closed its doors (and beloved patio) last spring, is soon to open up a beer garden at 220 King Street West.
- Steam Whistle is seeking hires for their soon-to-open beer garden, which will find a home at the Roadhouse at 255 Bremner Boulevard this spring.