The ice is back in at Rogers Arena.
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) June 28, 2018
Though we’re a long way from the start of next season, there will soon be hockey played at the home of the Vancouver Canucks. Fans will get their first chance to see Quinn Hughes, Jett Woo, and the rest of the Canucks’ 2018 draft class up close and personal at Rogers Arena next week.
Development camp kicks off at Rogers Arena on Monday, July 2, with a number of Canucks prospects in attendance. The four-day camp concludes on July 5, with a scrimmage – dubbed the ‘Summer Showdown.’
Practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are free and open to the public, just enter Rogers Arena through Gate 10 from 9 am to noon. Tickets for the Summer Showdown are $10, with proceeds benefiting the Canucks for Kids Fund charity.
Other than Hughes and Woo, notable names include 2017 draft picks Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, Michael DiPietro, and Petrus Palmu.
Here’s the full list of attendees:
This is the second edition of the Summer Showdown. Elias Pettersson was the star of the show last year, dangling his way through opponents and scoring a pair of goals in the scrimmage.
- 4 young undervalued free agents the Canucks could sign
- Canucks in talks with four unrestricted free agent centres
- Canucks make a trade and select five players on Day 2 of NHL Draft
- Canucks select Jett Woo with 37th overall pick in NHL Draft
- New Canucks draft pick Quinn Hughes comes from a remarkable hockey family