This round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurant and bar openings, plus what’s coming up that should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- The Standard, the city’s newest speakeasy, recently sneakily opened its doors at 1316 Queen Street West.
- Palgong Tea has officially opened its doors at 15 Mill Street, rounding out the Distillery District with the one thing it’s been missing: bubble tea.
- And speaking of areas being complete… Bellwoods Coffee and Gelato just popped into the space at 1006 Dundas West, directly across the street from Trinity Bellwoods Park.
- Sash Restaurant and Wine Bar, by Toronto Chef Sash Simpson (formerly of North 44), has finally opened its doors in Summerhill at 1133 Yonge Street.
- Downtown's new Caesar mecca is the ultimate summer hangout (PHOTOS)
- This beloved vegan and gluten-free bakery is opening a new location
- Restaurant group behind Byblos to open a downtown Israeli kitchen
- Akimitsu, known for mouthwatering, crispy, savoury tempura, is soft opening on June 2 at 41 Elm Street, sharing space with Konjiki Ramen.
- The Fairmont Royal York, one of Toronto’s most distinguished places to spend a few hours (or nights) has announced the openings of Clockwork and Reign on June 11.
- The same restaurant group that’s behind Toronto favourites Byblos, Mira, Figo and Kōst are opening Shook at 77 Portland Street in June.
- Self-proclaimed to be the oldest and most famous Taiwanese dessert chain, BlackBall will be opening its first Toronto location at 472 Yonge Street in June.