An event meant to give students the chance to have fun in the snow at the University of British Columbia (UBC) today has been postponed due to, well, snow.
The event itself is a campus-wide snowball fight that was set to take place today at 12:30 pm.
- See also:
- Vancouver transit is so bad right now people had to push a bus up a hill
- More than a dozen buses trapped on Vancouver’s Granville Street Bridge
- Multiple SkyTrain stations closed Wednesday morning due to snow
- TransLink warning commuters to expect “extreme travel day”
- UBC, SFU, BCIT announce all classes cancelled today due to snow
When the event does eventually take place, organizers have laid out a schedule for those planning to participate. In their words, the event will proceed like this:
- 12:15 pm -Line up on either side of Main Mall between Sauder/Chemistry Building
- 12:29 pm -Hold your fire! Stock up on ammo and countdown to an epic fight
- 12:30 pm -SEND IT!!
In the meantime, UBC students should note that while classes are cancelled, the campuses still remain open today.
— University of British Columbia (@UBC) January 15, 2020
However, with TransLink telling people to just go home today, it’s a safe bet that the campus will be a pretty quiet place.