Mobile gaming creator Kabam appears to have plans to exponentially expand the size of its Vancouver workforce in just a few short years.
The Vancouver-headquartered company has leased over 100,000-sq-ft of office space in the under-construction Vancouver Centre II office tower at 753 Seymour Street, according to a recent Metro Vancouver office market report by NAI Commercial.
Kabam will occupy floors seven through 13 within the 371,000-sq-ft, 33-storey office tower that replaces a recently-demolished parkade structure.
This new space will be more than three times the size of the company’s existing office location at 1118 Alberni Street, which opened in 2016.
The Vancouver studio was sold to Korean gaming giant Netmarble Games in late-2016 for a reported USD$700 million to USD$800 million.
Kabam has been involved in the development of about 100 mobile games, including popular titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions, Marvel UNITED, Star Wars: Uprising, Transformers: Forged To Fight, Fast & Furious: Legacy, The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth, and The Hobbit: Armies of the Third Age.
Each of these games have had tens of millions of downloads, with Marvel Contest of Champions earning the company $100 million gross revenue during the first seven months alone.
Kabam also has offices in San Francisco and Austin.
- Kabam's office space is booming just like BC's creative industries
- Construction begins on new Vancouver Centre II office tower
- SEGA-owned gaming studio to open new headquarters in Mount Pleasant
- Samsung and Finning International opening new offices in False Creek Flats
- Blackbird Interactive to open new gaming studio in False Creek Flats
- Apple opening major corporate office in downtown Vancouver
- Mastercard opening new corporate office in downtown Vancouver
- Amazon opening another office within The Exchange in downtown Vancouver