Amazon’s corporate expansion within Vancouver continues with another downtown office location.
The Seattle-based electronic commerce company is opening another office within The Exchange office tower at 475 Howe Street. About 100,000-sq-ft of office space has been leased by Amazon within the building, which absorbs the remaining vacancy in the tower, according to a recent Metro Vancouver market report by NAI Commercial.
Other tenants within the tower, completed earlier this year, include Mastercard (40,000-sq-ft), National Bank (45,000-sq-ft), Smythe LLP, and fintech company HyperWallet systems.
The tower’s lower 11 floors within the heritage portion have been converted into The EXchange Hotel Vancouver – a 202-room boutique hotel property. It opened this past August.
With this lease, Amazon is set to have four permanent corporate offices, with locations including the existing TELUS Garden, the under-construction 150,000-sq-ft office building at 402 Dunsmuir Street, and the 416,000-sq-ft office within the upcoming Canada Post redevelopment.
Over 5,000 people will be employed in Amazon’s Vancouver corporate offices once all the locations are open.
Altogether, the company has committed to over 650,000-sq-ft of future downtown space, and this does not include their new 450,000-sq-ft fulfillment centre warehouse in Delta.
To accommodate its rapid expansion within the city, Amazon is leasing space at Bentall Centre, including much of WeWork’s space within the complex, until its new permanent office spaces are ready for occupation.
Locations of Amazon offices in downtown Vancouver
TELUS Garden (510 West Georgia Street): Existing; completed in 2015. Amazon space: 91,000-sq-ft.
The Exchange (475 Howe Street): Future; completed in early-2018. Amazon space: 100,000-sq-ft.
402 Dunsmuir Street: Future, reaching completion in early-2020. Amazon space: 150,000-sq-ft.
Canada Post redevelopment (349 West Georgia Street): Future; reaching completion in 2022. Amazon space: 416,000-sq-ft.
- Mastercard opening new corporate office in downtown Vancouver
- Opinion: Amazon's massive new office will transform and expand downtown Vancouver
- Apple opening major corporate office in downtown Vancouver
- New Exchange office and hotel tower in downtown Vancouver opens (PHOTOS)
- Facebook to open new major downtown Vancouver office on Burrard Street
- Deloitte moving Vancouver headquarters to new 400 West Georgia office tower
- 120,000-sq-ft co-working office coming to new 400 West Georgia tower
- E&Y to anchor the new tallest office tower in Vancouver (RENDERINGS)
- Amazon confirms it will open second Vancouver office, adding 1,000 jobs
- New renderings of the massive Canada Post building redevelopment in Vancouver
- Construction begins on new Vancouver Centre II office tower
- Amazon to open massive 450,000-sq-ft warehouse in Metro Vancouver