The epic fireworks of the Honda Celebration of Light are best experienced when paired with the choreography of the soundtracks, but this can be an issue if you do not have a radio and are enjoying the show away from the festival stage speakers.
That’s why there is a new convenient way to listen to the soundtrack live, just as the shells begin exploding over English Bay.
Organizers of the fireworks festival have launched a new official free mobile app that automatically plays the music for the fireworks straight from mobile devices. Fireworks music for all three competing pyrotechnic teams —South Africa (Saturday, July 28), Sweden (Wednesday, August 1), and South Korea (Saturday, August 4)— will be streamed to app users from wherever they decide to watch the shows.
App users can also use live music player to stream music from all festival artists. Additionally, the app provides a single source for everything you need to know about the fireworks festival, including maps for easy navigation of the different entertainment venues, food vendors, seating areas, air show events, and live event updates with push notification capability.
“Technology is enhancing the experience for all festival goers, and we’re excited to offer this mobile experience,” said Paul Tilbury, Co-Chair of the Vancouver Fireworks Festival Society.
“The official app allows us to provide everyone with all the information they could ever need for all the spectacular events at the Honda Celebration of Light. Users will have all the answers right at their fingertips, whether they’re preparing to head down or are already on site.”
As well, spectators can use the app to reserve their spot in line to test their racing skills in a Honda Type-R Simulator on-site and enter a chance to win a 2018 Civic Sedan Touring.
The app is available for free download in the iTunes and Android App Stores.
Schedule and nations:
- Saturday, July 28: South Africa, represented by Fireworks for Africa
- Wednesday, August 1: Sweden, represented by Unique Pyrotechnic
- Saturday, August 4: South Korea, represented by Daehan Fireworks Co.
Time: 10 pm to 10:25 pm (25-minute duration each night). Rain or shine. Music simulcast on radio station LG 104.3 FM.
Location: English Bay, Vancouver
Tickets: Available via the Honda Celebration of Light
Daily Hive is a Proud Media Sponsor of the Honda Celebration of Light
- 5 things to do at the 2018 Honda Celebration of Light fireworks festival
- Honda Celebration of Light 2018 participating countries announced
- Canadian Forces Snowbirds to perform air show at Honda Celebration of Light 2018
- Honda Celebration of Light releases performer lineup for Second Beach
- Honda Celebration of Light 2018 includes live music during new Z Fest
- Team Canada's Honda Celebration of Light 2017 fireworks song list (MUSIC VIDEOS)
- Team Japan's Honda Celebration of Light 2017 fireworks song list (MUSIC VIDEOS)
- Team United Kingdom's Honda Celebration of Light 2017 fireworks song list (MUSIC VIDEOS)