The God of Thunder has arrived!
Chris Hemsworth, who is perhaps best known for playing Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, arrived in Vancouver earlier this week to film 20th Century Fox’s Bad Times at the El Royale.
A video posted by Tourism Vancouver features the Australian actor using a selfie stick to show off his temporary digs in Coal Harbour in downtown Vancouver.
To say the least, he seemed quite impressed with the unobstructed, panoramic mountain and inlet views: “Woah, here we are! Selfie stick adventures, Canada! Will you have a look at that view, would ya? This will do.”
The Australian actor will co-star in the big budget Hollywood thriller with Jeff Bridges, and they will be accompanied by Russell Crowe, Jon Hamm, Nick Offerman, and Dakota Johnson, who is no stranger to Vancouver after filming the Fifty Shades trilogy in the city.
The film is set in the 1960s in a dilapidated hotel in the Lake Tahoe region of California. Hemsworth is slated to play a cult leader while Bridges will be a convict doubling as a priest.
Filming in Vancouver began in late-January and is scheduled to end in mid-April.
Academy Award-nominated director Drew Goddard is directing the film, which is scheduled for release on October 5, 2018. Goddard previously worked with Hemsworth on The Cabin In The Woods.
- 21 movies and TV shows filming in Vancouver this March
- 23 celebrities you can spot in Vancouver in March
- 14 movies and TV shows you probably didn't know were filmed at UBC
- Back from the '90s: Netflix's reboot of 'Reboot' premieres this year (TRAILER)
- 'Deadpool 2' cast and crew returning to Vancouver for reshoots
- UBC is the 9th most popular filming location in the world
- 16 locations in Vancouver where Netflix's Altered Carbon was filmed (PHOTOS)
- Vancouver-filmed Once Upon A Time to end after current season
- Adam Sandler has 'morning coffee with the fellas' at Vancouver coffee shop
- 12 Vancouver restaurants you’re likely to see a celebrity
- Vancouver ranked second best city for movie-makers in North America