The southeast corner of the intersection of Yukon Street and West 6th Avenue in Mount Pleasant could be redeveloped into a four-storey mixed-use commercial and industrial building.
Proscenium Architecture + Interiors Inc. has submitted a development application to the City of Vancouver to turn the site at 2238 Yukon Street into a new 54,500-sq-ft, 60-ft-tall building.
There will be manufacturing uses within the first and second levels and office space within the second, third, and fourth levels.
The architects describe their design as a two-volume design with step back on the north and south elevations to provide rooftop patios for the office levels.
Three levels of underground parking will be accessible from the laneway.
This project, located directly east of the mixed-use complex that houses Canadian Tire and Best Buy, will replace a vacant, single-storey retail store. It is also across from the site of 425 West 6th Avenue – a recently approved 10-storey retail and office building.
- 10-storey office building approved near Olympic Village Station
- Wendy's at the corner of Cambie and Broadway listed for sale for potential redevelopment
- Office building proposed for West 8th Avenue near Cambie Street
- Office and retail building to replace Original Joe's at Broadway and Cambie
- WeWork opening at new Main Alley tech hub campus in Mount Pleasant
- SEGA-owned gaming studio to open new headquarters in Mount Pleasant
- Blackbird Interactive to open new gaming studio in False Creek Flats
- Samsung and Finning International opening new offices in False Creek Flats
- New tech office building proposed near Main Street in Mount Pleasant
- This Mount Pleasant development is being built around an old house