Flames fans itching to take in Game 1 of the Battle of Alberta from the Red Lot will have to find somewhere else to cheer on Calgary.
The Flames announced on social media that the outdoor viewing area will be closed for the evening due to “extremely high and damaging winds.”
Due to extremely high and damaging winds at Stampede Park the Red Lot Community Viewing Party will unfortunately be cancelled for the evening.
This decision was made out of an abundance of caution for our patrons and we appreciate your understanding in this matter. pic.twitter.com/WVNcTbKuxq
— y – Calgary Flames (@NHLFlames) May 18, 2022
“This decision was made out of an abundance of caution for our patrons and we appreciate your understanding in this matter,” the team wrote online.
The lot has been incredibly popular for the Flames’ playoff run, with the team ultimately deciding to make it a ticketed viewing area.
- You might also like:
- Edmonton Oilers are more popular than Calgary Flames on Google searches
- Even Calgary’s YYC International Airport is fired up for the Battle of Alberta
- This Flames hype video will get you fired up for the Battle of Alberta (VIDEO)
- "He's obviously built pretty different": Flames will game plan to limit Oilers' McDavid
- "If we're the underdog, great": McDavid believes in Oilers heading into Battle of Alberta
The Flames face rivals the Oilers in Game 1 of the second-round series tonight. Puck drop is at 7:30 pm.