Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is warning travellers there will be laneway closures in both directions on Grant McConachie Way over a two week period starting on June 11.
The lane closures due to construction on the main arterial route to the airport terminal are expected to increase travel time.
Airport officials say the public should plan ahead and provide themselves with extra travel time. They also suggest taking SkyTrain to the terminal instead, which is the fastest way to travel from downtown to the airport during most times of the day.
Construction is being conducted for a BC Hydro utilities relocation project at the intersection of Grant McConachie Way and Templeton Street to accommodate the phase two expansion of McArthurGlen Design Outlet Centre.
The shopping mall expansion will open in spring 2019.
- Construction begins on McArthurGlen Vancouver Airport Outlet Mall expansion
- Huge parking changes now in effect at Vancouver International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport will see 31 million passengers per year by 2022
- YVR, the fastest growing airport in North America, is doing all the right things
- Multi-million dollar road upgrade at UBC to begin next week
- 10 blocks of East 1st Avenue will be fully closed for construction this summer