At the end of this month, BC’s very first Halal food festival is happening, an absolute must-do event.
The festival will take place on Saturday, June 25 from noon to 8 pm at the Civic Plaza in Surrey and will highlight local halal cuisine.
- You might also like:
- Where to make your own custom boozy seltzer in Metro Vancouver (VIDEO)
- Local Vancouver pizza shop reveals plans to open in Europe (PHOTO)
- Inside Canada's first plant-based sushi spot and sober bar (VIDEO)
Halal, which is an Arabic term meaning “permissible,” refers to food that is prepared according to Islamic dietary laws and is therefore allowed to be consumed. Such foods include, but are not limited to, Zabiha meat products and fish with scales.
Dished was able to get a sneak peek of all 28 vendors that will be participating this year, from cakes to dumplings to biryani.
The event is free to attend, and organizers are hoping it will become an annual event. This is one summer food event you don’t want to miss.
Here’s all the vendors and their food offerings you can expect at this year’s BC Halal Food Fest:
- Achee’s Cakes (cakes)
- Barakah Eats (butter chicken, biryani)
- Chaiiwala (chai, tea, coffee, lemonade)
- Coffee Talk (iced coffee)
- Dungan (dumplings, central asian rice)
- Desh Punjab Jalebi (fresh jalebis, gol gappa[Indian Street Food])
- Fab Burger (beef burgers, chicken burgers)
- Gulberg (kebabs, biryani)
- Hot Pan Pizza (pizza, tandoori chicken)
- Indonensian Muslim Association (chicken satay, noodles, fried rice)
- Karakoram (kebabs, lamb chops, bun kabab)
- Ketocaveman Davie (steak bites, burgers)
- Marhaba Truck (donair)
- Taco Birria (tacos)
- MK’s Kitchen (chicken tenders, burgers, fries)
- Natkhat Mirchi (paratha roll kabob)
- Kufiyah (Palestinian food)
- Pizza Art (pizza)
- Pizza Pietra (Turkish pizza)
- Prizm Foods (halal beef jerky)
- Taste of Malaysia (Malaysian food)
- Tayybeh (Syrian food)
- Teapressu (bubble tea)
- Time2Grill (kababs, burgers)
- Sharbat (South Asian cold drinks, mango lassi)
- Turkish Ice Cream (Turkish ice cream)
- Biryani Chef (biryani)
- Picado (donair)
BC Halal Food Fest
When: Saturday, June 25 from 12 pm to 8 pm
Where: 13450 104th Avenue, Surrey