UPDATED: Vancouver Police searching for missing 10-year-old girl
UPDATE: She has been found and is now home.
Vancouver Police are pleading for the public’s help to find a missing 10-year-old girl.
According to a release issued earlier this evening, Maryjane Tom was last seen at midnight near the intersection of 45th Avenue and Nanaimo Street in Vancouver. It is believed she left her home to meet a friend.
Police describe Tom as Aboriginal and fair skinned, 5’3” tall, and with a slim build. She has shoulder-length brown, straight hair that is frizzy at the back, and brown eyes.
Her top front teeth are “slightly blackened” after falling off her bicycle, and she has a slight vertical scar below her left nostril.
At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing a blue or red sweater, tight blue jeans that loosen at the bottom, and leather sandals with a side buckle. Police say she suffers from health issues and requires daily medication.
Police are urging the public to immediately call 9-1-1 if they see Tom.
- Police searching for missing 6-ft-long ball python in Delta
- One man killed in car crash with transit bus in Vancouver
- Surrey RCMP searching for man, woman, and car related to 'suspicious occurrence'
- 18-year-old succumbs to injuries after two-vehicle crash in Abbotsford
- Burnaby RCMP 'concerned' for wellbeing of missing 24-year-old man