It is the end of an era for one of Vancouver’s largest single-stop locations for costumes and party supplies.
The Party Bazaar at 1296 Station Street – just across from SkyTrain’s Main Street-Science World Station – will close its doors on November 4, just days after Halloween.
The store, which has been around for 41 years, was previously located in the Olympic Village area, until it moved to its current location in the False Creek Flats to make way for a new development.
And now, its location in the False Creek Flats is set to be redeveloped into The Onyx – a 13-storey, 268,000-sq-ft, triple-A rated office building by Rize Alliance. Construction is scheduled to begin in early-2019 with an expected completion date by mid-2020.
To prepare for its closure, Party Bazaar says all non-Halloween products are now up to 80% off and all children’s costumes are 50% off.
- New crystal-shaped office tower coming next to Main Street-Science World Station
- 6 office buildings totalling 2 million sq. ft. planned for False Creek Flats
- BC billionaire donates $75 million to St. Paul's Hospital
- Samsung and Finning International opening new offices in False Creek Flats
- Vancouver seeking 'innovative' proposals for False Creek Flats tech and arts hub
- Iconic Henry's Cameras opening its first store in Vancouver next week