It’s time to take charge of the trajectory of your career by checking out who’s hiring in the city.
Get ready to spruce up your resume if you find the right role for you.
Here’s a round-up of places looking to hire in Vancouver this month:
- You might also like:
- 23 companies hiring over 361 positions in Vancouver this April
- 7 companies to work for in Vancouver if you love to travel
- Langley is hiring so many jobs and some pay up to $46 per hour
Companies hiring in Vancouver
- Who: Step inside Botanist at Fairmont Pacific Rim, a world where day blurs into night, summer into winter, and food and drink are plenty.
- Jobs: Open positions include: Patio Supervisor, Patio Servers (Full-Time and Part-Time), Patio Bartenders (Full-Time and Part-Time), Banquet Servers (Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual), Banquet Houseperson (Part-Time), Banquet Supervisor, Lobby Lounge Host, and Lobby Lounge Bartender.
- Perks: Competitive wages and extended health benefits are just the beginning. Share our love of travel with hotel, food & beverage, spa, golf, and exclusive partner offerings.
- More: Join Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Food & Beverage team! Register for their Open House on May 2, 1 to 4 pm at Botanist restaurant for the opportunity to be hired that same day.
- Who: Merchant Growth is Canada’s fastest and most friendly alternative financier. Their innovative approach blends thoughtful customer care, complete transparency, and the latest technology to provide fast accessible financing to small businesses in Canada. Their mission is to bring business owners the most convenient and accessible financing experience.
- Jobs: Merchant Growth is currently hiring for a Front End Developer, Applications and IT Director, Full Stack Software Developer, and more.
- Perks: Merchant Growth offers flexible work options, competitive salaries, comprehensive group health benefits, education and learning benefits, and company-wide lunch and learns.
- More: For more information, visit Merchant Growth’s career page.
- Who: Dr. Bill is on a mission to make healthcare better by eliminating traditional process friction points experienced by physicians in Canada. Acquired by RBC Ventures in October 2019, Dr. Bill is backed by the resources of one of Canada’s largest businesses yet moves nimbly like a startup as a part of the RBC Ventures portfolio. Dr. Bill is headquartered in Vancouver, but the team prioritizes remote work enabling team members to work from anywhere in Canada.
- Jobs: Dr.Bill is growing quickly and currently hiring for a Senior Android Developer, Operations Finance Agent, and Software Engineer – iOS.
- Perks: As a startup in one of Canada’s largest companies, working at Dr. Bill offers the unique opportunity to innovate and move quickly while also offering stability, competitive compensation and strong benefits. Having been a proponent of remote work from its founding, Dr. Bill has created a work culture and environment that empowers team members to work remotely. Continuously fostering and growing diversity is deeply rooted in the company ethos with practices that include teamwork and collaboration to support belonging, flexible work arrangements to accommodate various needs, inclusive and transparent communication to ensure open dialogue about issues, and growth opportunities tied to merit and achievement to foster equality.
- More: You can learn more about Dr. Bill and its current openings by heading over to its careers page.
- Who: Lighthouse Labs was created in 2013 by a team of software developers with a passion for code, mentorship, and education. Their mission: to transform the way that tech education is delivered.
- Jobs: Lighthouse Labs is looking for a Corporate Accountant; Manager, Employer Relations; Mentor (Web Development); Cyber Security Lead Instructor; Data Science Instructors; Director, Product Management; Academic Accommodations and Accessibility Specialist; Career Services Advisor (East Coast); Career Services Coordinator (West Coast); Intermediate Project Manager; Lead Ruby on Rails Developer; Product Designer; Product Marketing Manager; Project Coordinator; Sr. Manager, Workforce Development; and a Student Success Coordinator to join their clan of gritty, ambitious and quirky humans.
- Perks: Lighthouse Labs is an inclusive employer, and welcomes remote workers from anywhere across Canada. Employees enjoy continued remote flexibility, employee benefits, and additional time off over the holiday season.
- More: You can learn more about Lighthouse Labs openings on their careers page.
- Who: Talk Shop is a full-service, integrated communications agency and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. They value bright ideas and are always looking for smarter ways to work. The Talk Shop team works with diverse clients in technology, consumer goods, lifestyle and real estate, and they believe awesome people are the foundation of greatness.
- Jobs: Account Associate, PR Account Manager or Sr. Account Manager – Real Estate, Social Media Account Manager and Digital Account Manager.
- Perks: Talk Shop understands that anything is possible when you have the social and financial resources needed to be successful inside and outside of work. Perks include flexible schedules, comprehensive health benefits, generous parental and family leave, paid volunteer time, a yearly retreat, access to Sphere (online coaching), professional development and networking opportunities, team-building events and happy hours, and more.
- More: You can learn more about Talk Shop openings on their careers page.
- Who: Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that put the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities. Until now, your growth as a Startup Engineer was dependent on where you lived. Commit changed that. Come help build the future of distributed work, today.
- Jobs: Full-time remote: Senior Full-Stack Developer and Content Writer.
- Perks: Commit is a completely remote company (no offices), and distributed (coast-to-coast). The remote-first model enables Commit to offer flexible hours and provide leading benefits and compensation packages. Commit’s culture is product-led and the team is passionate about doing what’s right for the engineer.
- More: To learn more about Commit and available jobs, visit the careers page – or – if you’re a software engineer looking for a new startup role, learn more about Commit’s Engineering Partner Program at commit.dev.
- Who: Humi is Canada’s leading HR, Payroll, and Benefits solution for rapidly scaling small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) across Canada. A company filled with builders and boundary-pushers, Humi is focused on building the tools to help Canadian organizations foster their greatest asset: their employees. Before Humi, there was no truly unified solution that tied together with the intricacies of HR for SMBs.
- Jobs: Director, Data, Sr. Software Engineer, Ruby, Full Stack Developer, PHP, Talent Acquisition Specialist and more.
- Perks: Our newest perk features long(er) weekends, every weekend. All operations close at 1 pm on Fridays! We’re a remote-first company that offers equity ownership for all full-time employees, virtual onboarding and social events, and a competitive employee benefits package. Humi takes the mental health and wellness of Humigos seriously and offers extended employee and family assistance program (EFAP) services through its partnership with InkBlot Therapy.
- More: To learn more about Humi and to check out their current openings, visit their careers page.
- Who: Diligent is the leading governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving one million users from over 25,000 customers around the world. Its innovative technology gives leaders a connected view of governance, risk, compliance, and ESG across their organizations, sparking the insights they need to make better decisions and lead with purpose.
- Jobs: Director of R&D, Principal Software Engineer, R&D Manager (Serverless Infrastructure), Senior Software Engineer (Cloud, Product Designer – Automation, Product Designer (Shared Services), and more.
- Perks: Employees enjoy industry-leading extended health benefits and competitive salaries, paid days off to volunteer in their community, relocation opportunities to Diligent’s international offices, and other perks to keep their minds and bodies healthy. Diligent prides itself on offering employees endless growth and mentorship opportunities at all levels, from professional development to job shadowing, to make their career goals happen.
- More: You can learn more about Diligent openings on their careers page.
- Who: Givex is an end-to-end customer engagement solution that provides POS, gift card and loyalty solutions to Canada’s restaurant industry.
- Jobs: Givex is currently hiring a Python Applications Developer.
- Perks: You’ll get to work in a high-energy open office environment, right downtown with a fast-growing, global technology company. Givex offers long-term career growth with promotions from within the company and the opportunity to relocate internationally.
- More: You can learn more about Givex and its current openings by heading over to its careers page.
- Who: NDAX is a leading innovative cryptocurrency trading platform in compliance with Canadian banking regulations, created with retail, institutional, early investors, and crypto traders in mind. NDAX is a simple, compliant, and easy-to-use trading platform sets the standard for the Canadian cryptocurrency industry. With a mission to empower more Canadians to unlock the full potential of digital finance and address various needs in Canada’s cryptocurrency space, the NDAX team has multidisciplinary and diverse backgrounds including finance, technology, engineering, compliance, marketing and more.
- Jobs: NDAX is currently hiring for a Creative Marketing Designer, Graphic Designer / UI/ UX Designer, Front-End Developer Senior React Native Developer, Key Account Manager at NDAX, Senior Full Stack Developer, Product Manager, Software Security Engineer and a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Perks: NDAX offers flexible remote work hours, paid time off benefits, a stock option plan, bonus awards and gifts, employee discounts, training and development and an extended healthcare plan (medical, disability, dental and vision), Group Life AD&D critical illness insurance.
- More: To learn more, visit here and ndax.io.
11. Canada Drives
- Who: One of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, online car purchasing and delivery platform Canada Drives allows customers to find and choose their vehicle, pay in full or finance, sign all documents and have their vehicle delivered to their doorstep, as quickly as the same day.
- Jobs: Current openings include, Digital Marketing Analyst, Customer Service Representative (Remote), Credit Analyst, Customer Relations Service Advisor, Inbound Customer Service Agent, Senior UX/UI Designer, Digital Marketing Specialist, Ecommerce Marketing Specialist, Marketing Director (eCommerce), Senior SEO Manager (Remote), Senior Search Engine Marketing Specialist, Engineering Manager – Backend Engineering Manager – Frontend, Engineering Manager – Salesforce, Facilities Manager, Lead Backend Engineer, Lead Frontend Engineer, Lead Salesforce Engineer, Network and Security Engineer, Senior QA Automation Engineer, and more.
- Perks: Employees enjoy full MSP & benefits, a fully stocked kitchen, subsidized transit pass, and monthly team events.
- More: Check out Canada Drives’ job board for current opportunities.
- Who: Jane offers healthcare practitioners online booking, charting, scheduling, video and invoicing on one secure, beautifully designed system. Jane was founded by Trevor Johnston and Alison Taylor, a product-person and a customer-person, who are the Co-CEOs. This means the two main teams at Jane (the product and the customer team) are both led by doers who understand the job. There are no suits at Jane. There isn’t even a sales team! Jane is growing and has an exciting future ahead, 2022 is going to be a big year for Jane as it invests heavily into patient experience with its first patient-facing mobile app, enhancing the telehealth experience, building a (J)analytics platform, working on global insurance integrations, and introducing features like HIPAA compliant chat, all *without* putting in 60+ hour work weeks.
- Jobs: Software Developer -Scheduling Team, Data Engineer, Engineering Manager, Senior Software Developer-Customer Response, Senior TPM – DevOps, Senior Software Developer, Principal Developer (Architect), Staff DevOps Engineer, Senior Performance Engineer, Product Design Manager, Product Manager – Invoicing, and more.
- Perks: Perks are nice, and Jane has plenty, but more important is the way the company works. Read Jane’s values to see if our mission-based team and the customer-centric company is something you’d like to be a part of building. But still, we take care of our staff by providing three all staff Jane-cation days and your birthday off every year on top of generous vacation time and a company-wide winter holiday break, extended health care from day one, participation in Jane’s Employee Stock purchase plan (JSOP), a remote-first workplace, $500 annual wellness fund, a no-fixed-limit sick leave policy, an opportunity to “help the helpers” and serve a vast community of healthcare practitioners making the world a better, healthier place.
- More: To learn more or check out available jobs, visit Jane’s website.
- Who: AmbiMi is a modern, skills-based job matching app that brings an innovative and simplified approach to job hunting and hiring. By leaving traditional job boards behind and embracing technology, AmbiMi reduces the recruitment process to a fraction of the time by matching businesses directly with pre-qualified professionals.
- Jobs: Director, Content Marketing.
- Perks: Flexible schedules, remote work options and paid time off to volunteer, three weeks of vacation to start, 26 weeks of paid parental leave and an automatic day off on your birthday.
- More: For more information, visit AmbiMi’s website.
- Who: Over 600,000+ photographers use Pixieset’s suite of tools to run their business. Pixieset is a growing team that is passionate about crafting beautiful and simple software solutions for today’s modern photographers. What started off as a beautiful photo gallery, has since evolved into a platform that allows photographers to build a website and sell their services, send contracts and invoices, get paid, and of course deliver images easily all in the same place. Pixieset aims to be the all-in-one platform that helps photographers and creative professionals manage their business from end to end.
- Jobs: Pixieset is currently hiring: Full Stack Developers, Senior Full Stack Developers, Senior Front End Developers, Office Assistant, and an Event Planner.
- Perks: Four weeks of vacation to start, generous wellness and education stipends, home office budget, Macbook and any tools you need to be successful, flexible work options, charitable donation matching and more. Working at Pixieset means you get to collaborate with other talented individuals in an environment that is positive, supportive, and challenges you to do your best and have fun while at it. Being fast-growing also means you will have plenty of opportunities for growth and work on projects that make a difference.
- More: To learn more about Pixieset’s open roles, please visit their careers page.
15. Plenty of Fish
- Who: Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. It is one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
The team at Plenty of Fish loves what they do and they have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people’s lives every single day! Recently named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
- Jobs: Our growing team is currently hiring: Principal User Experience Designer, Recruiter, Senior Product Designer, Senior Software Engineer-React, Social Media Manager, Software Engineer-Backend.
- Perks: Plenty of Fish offers competitive compensation packages including paying 100% of all benefit premiums, an annual bonus, Match Group equity (for select roles), employee stock purchase plan, generous vacation and flex days, maternity & parental leave top-up, fertility preservation benefits, RRSP matching, personal & professional development budget and professional development days, unlimited access to Udemy, Match Group-wide mentorship program, a global gift matching program, corporate ClassPass membership, health and wellness benefits and much more!
- More: You can learn more about careers at Plenty of Fish and the roles open roles here.
- Who: Visier is the global leader in People Analytics and Workforce Intelligence trusted by a third of the Fortune 500 employers. Our solutions give customers valuable insight into their people because people are a business’ most important asset. Every day Visier employees work to help create better, fairer workplaces through leveraging data. Recently closing a successful Series E funding round, and a landmark $1B valuation, Visier is embarking on an incredible phase of its 11-year growth journey.
- Jobs: We are hiring 100+ positions in 2022 in all disciplines including software developers, tech sales, marketing, product, and more.
- Benefits and Perks: Visier is voted as Canada’s 2021 Top Small & Medium Employer. Visier offers comprehensive employee benefits in wellness, learning, and compensation.
- More: Explore how we care for our team here.
17. Modern Niagara
- Who: Modern Niagara is one of Canada’s largest Mechanical Contractors with operations in six major markets – Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Southwestern Ontario, and Ottawa. Modern Niagara Vancouver combines more than a hundred years of local market knowledge and service excellence with the buying power, scale, advanced technology and project management capabilities of a national contractor. Due to its fantastic reputation within the industry, our trusted team has been involved and is currently working on some of the biggest construction projects in BC.
- Jobs: We currently have 12 open opportunities within BC including; HR Business Partner, Total Rewards Specialist, Director of Sales, Residential Project Manager, Project Manager – Special Projects, Senior Estimator, Mechanical Estimator, Sheet Metal Estimator, Piping Foreperson, and Lead Mechanical Design Engineer. The levels of experience required within these roles range from senior personnel to recent and upcoming graduates.
- Perks: Modern Niagara boasts competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including an attractive pension program, health and dental plans, a profit-sharing program, further educational assistance, reduced working hours every Friday, extensive internal training schedules, and Goodlife fitness membership discounts along with opportunities for career development and professional advancement. In addition to this, you will also be given every opportunity to succeed whilst also working on some of Vancouver’s most significant projects that will change the landscape of the region for many years to come.
- More: View all the exciting opportunities Modern Niagara has available.
18. Onni Group
- Who: Onni Group is a one-stop-shop for real estate development! This diverse company has 13 departments responsible for the entire building life cycle. Everything from development, construction, property management, accounting, finance, as well as leasing, sales, marketing, and more. Onni Group has a passion for building world-class urban communities, quality design, innovation, and sustainability. The company yields exceptional communities and experiences where our customers live, work, and play. Onni Group’s growing portfolio across North America is opening the doors to many more amazing opportunities for career growth.
- Jobs: Assistant Finishing Superintendent, Commercial Property Manager, Construction Labourer, Digital Marketing Manager, Interior Systems Journeyman, Junior Project Manager, Logistics Coordinator, Tenant Coordinator, and more.
- Perks: Onni Group provides competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, an annual education allowance of $1000.00, a wellness program, WFH flexibility, various employee discounts including Level Hotels & Furnished Suites (Vancouver, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Chicago), rooftop patio, and employees finish at 3 pm the Friday before a long weekend.
- More: Check out their jobs page for the most up-to-date openings.