Vancouver’s fourth T&T Supermarket location will open by the end of the year, a spokesperson with the company told Daily Hive.
The company plans to open a 33,000 sq. ft. store at the city-block sized Kensington Gardens mixed-use complex, located at 2220 Kingsway in East Vancouver. This is the former site of Canadian Tire.
“Having grown up on the east side of Vancouver, opening a store in the new Kensington Gardens development is a dream come true,” said Tina Lee, CEO of T&T Supermarkets.
The redevelopment, with T&T Supermarket as the main retail anchor tenant, is significant for the Kensington-Cedar Cottage neighbourhood and is anticipated to be a major catalyst for the area’s revitalization.
It also includes 428 homes within three 17-storey towers, which are connected as a single complex by a multi-storey podium that contains the grocery store, smaller retail and restaurant spaces, and townhouses.
On the roof of the podium is an elevated garden courtyard for residents with amenities such as a large seasonal outdoor pool, multi-media lounge, urban orchard, fitness centre with hot tub, sauna and steam, BBQ area, Asian-inspired park, public art, and children’s play area.
Overall, the project – which will reach completion this year – has a floor area of about 400,000 sq. ft., with nearly 50,000 sq. ft. being space for retail and restaurants.
Other T&T Supermarket locations within the city of Vancouver are located at Chinatown, Marine Gateway, and the corner of East 1st Avenue and Renfrew.
The company will also open its largest Canadian location this summer, a 74,000 sq. ft. store, at Lansdowne Centre in Richmond.
- 'Vertical village' proposed for Commercial-Broadway Station's Safeway redevelopment
- Whole Foods Market in North Vancouver set to open next month
- Redevelopment possible for Commercial-Broadway Station retail buildings
- 10-storey building with 93 homes proposed for Commercial-Broadway
- Two residential towers proposed for Park Royal South's parking lot (RENDERINGS)
- Construction begins on McArthurGlen Vancouver Airport Outlet Mall expansion