FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, December 4, 6:00pm
Saturday is here so let’s make the most of it! From plants to pets to film premieres, there are plenty of things to do in Vancouver this Saturday, February 25.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Meet seed vendors at VanDusen Botanical Garden, attend free lectures and learn how to grow from seed. Presented by Vancouver Master Gardeners.
- Where: VanDusen Botanical Garden – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Tickets: Admission by donation (partial proceeds going to education programs at VanDusen).
- What: The 46th annual BC Home + Garden Show is bringing you everything you need to whip your home and garden into shape. The show, which takes place until 26 at BC Place Stadium, will feature more than 425 exhibitors and local companies that will bring innovation, inspiration, and expert advice at every turn.
- Where: 777 Pacific Boulevard – BC Place Stadium
- When: February 25, 10 am to 9 pm, February 26, 10 am to 6 pm
- Tickets: $16. Buy tickets online and save $3
Rock out with Banners
- What: Michael Joseph Nelson aka Banners hails from Liverpool. He released his debut single “Ghosts” in 2015 had has since topped charts and made his way to the Spotify Spotlight list.
- Where: Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: The Coldest Night of the Year is a fun and family-friendly walking fundraiser that raises money for the hungry, homeless and hurting in over 100 communities across Canada. Vancouver’s walk is hosted by the First United Church, and offers a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness – particularly during the winter.
- Where: First United – 320 East Hastings Street,Vancouver
- When: February 25 from 4 to 8 pm
- Registration: Online, $25
- What: Artist Andrea Hooge is back with more doll-headed portraits, with hidden jokes and meanings, and a few surprises. These portraits of mid-century toys are created using cutout shapes to feature paintings and scratchboard illustrations.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 from noon to 5 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: The Comedy Basement at Goldies’ third annual All Ladies Stand-up Comedy Showcase. Headlined by Erica Sigurdson, featuring Susan Thompson, Oli Maughan, Katrina Bennett, Angelica Senger, Alannah Brittany, Andrea Jin, Lisa Keegan, Ashlee Ferral, Claire Pollock and Suzy Rawsome, and hosted by Emma Cooper.
- Where: Goldies Pizza – 605 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $5-$7
- What: An afternoon panel discussion focused on exploring the continued significance of Bill Reid’s masterwork, The Spirit of Haida Gwaii. Panelists include George Rammell, Nika Collison, Dr. Martine Reid and more.
- Where: Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art – 679 Hornby Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 from 1 to 3 pm
- Cost: Free with gallery admission
- What: The premiere of the six Crazy8s 2017 short films made in just 8 days, plus the latest Behind the Scenes film. Then celebrate filmmaking at the Crazy8s AfterParty.
- Where: The Centre – 777 Homer St, Vancouver (AfterParty at Science World)
- When: February 25 at 7 pm (AfterParty from 9 pm to 2 am)
- Tickets: Online, $35-$40
- What: The fifth annual Pet Lover Show celebrates animals and animal lovers. Featuring President’s Choice SuperDogs Star Search, rabbit and dog agility shows, interactive and informative seminars by veterinarians and top professionals, and more.
- Where: Tradex Abbotsford – 1190 Cornell St, Abbotsford
- When: February 25 from 10 am to 6 pm, February 26 from 10 am to 5 pm
- Tickets: Online, $7-$11
- What: The quintessential Seuss, The Cat in the Hat returns to Carousel Theatre for Young People with extraordinary physical theatre, magic and movement. The Cat and his Hat appears one rainy day and turns The Boy, Sally and the Fish’s world upside down. At first it is fun, but Sally and the Boy soon find themselves in a chaotic predicament.
- Where: The Waterfront Theatre – 1412 Cartwright Street, Vancouver (Granville Island)
- When: February 25 to March 26 at various times
- Tickets: Online, $15-$35
- What: Find local produce, meat, seafood, artisan cheese, bread, herbs, baked goods, artisanal crafts, and more.
- Where: Nat Bailey Stadium – 4601 Ontario Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- What: The Canucks host the San Jose Sharks at Rogers Arena this Saturday, in what might be one of your last chances to see Alex Burrows and Jannik Hansen in a Canucks uniform.
- Where: Rogers Arena
- When: Februar5 25 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Available online.