FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, December 4, 6:00pm
The weekend is here so let’s have some fun! Enjoy all Vancouver has to offer with our list of things to do this weekend, Saturday, February 25, and Sunday, February 26, 2017.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Saturday, February 25, 2017
- What: Meet seed vendors at VanDusen Botanical Garden, attend free lectures and learn how to grow from seed. Presented by Vancouver Master Gardeners.
- Where: VanDusen Botanical Garden – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Tickets: Admission by donation (partial proceeds going to education programs at VanDusen).
- What: The 46th annual BC Home + Garden Show is bringing you everything you need to whip your home and garden into shape. The show, which takes place until 26 at BC Place Stadium, will feature more than 425 exhibitors and local companies that will bring innovation, inspiration, and expert advice at every turn.
- Where: 777 Pacific Boulevard – BC Place Stadium
- When: February 25, 10 am to 9 pm, February 26, 10 am to 6 pm
- Tickets: $16. Buy tickets online and save $3
Rock out with Banners
- What: Michael Joseph Nelson aka Banners hails from Liverpool. He released his debut single “Ghosts” in 2015 had has since topped charts and made his way to the Spotify Spotlight list.
- Where: Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 at 7 pm.
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: A series of lectures open to the general public on a huge range of topics presented by TRIUMF, UBC, and SFU. February talks will address the search for other planets, and the quest for the Higgs Boson, among other scientific matters.
- Where: SFU Surrey Room 2975 – 102nd Avenue, Surrey
- When: February 25 from 10 am to 12:15 pm
- Register: Online, free
- What: The Coldest Night of the Year is a fun and family-friendly walking fundraiser that raises money for the hungry, homeless and hurting in over 100 communities across Canada. Vancouver’s walk is hosted by the First United Church, and offers a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness – particularly during the winter.
- Where: First United – 320 East Hastings Street,Vancouver
- When: February 25 from 4 to 8 pm
- Registration: Online, $25
- What: Artist Andrea Hooge is back with more doll-headed portraits, with hidden jokes and meanings, and a few surprises. These portraits of mid-century toys are created using cutout shapes to feature paintings and scratchboard illustrations.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 from noon to 5 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: The Comedy Basement at Goldies’ third annual All Ladies Stand-up Comedy Showcase. Headlined by Erica Sigurdson, featuring Susan Thompson, Oli Maughan, Katrina Bennett, Angelica Senger, Alannah Brittany, Andrea Jin, Lisa Keegan, Ashlee Ferral, Claire Pollock and Suzy Rawsome, and hosted by Emma Cooper.
- Where: Goldies Pizza – 605 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $5-$7
- What: An afternoon panel discussion focused on exploring the continued significance of Bill Reid’s masterwork, The Spirit of Haida Gwaii. Panelists include George Rammell, Nika Collison, Dr. Martine Reid and more.
- Where: Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art – 679 Hornby Street, Vancouver
- When: February 25 from 1 to 3 pm
- Cost: Free with gallery admission
- What: The premiere of the six Crazy8s 2017 short films made in just 8 days, plus the latest Behind the Scenes film. Then celebrate filmmaking at the Crazy8s AfterParty.
- Where: The Centre – 777 Homer St, Vancouver (AfterParty at Science World)
- When: February 25 at 7 pm (AfterParty from 9 pm to 2 am)
- Tickets: Online, $35-$40
- What: The fifth annual Pet Lover Show celebrates animals and animal lovers. Featuring President’s Choice SuperDogs Star Search, rabbit and dog agility shows, interactive and informative seminars by veterinarians and top professionals, and more.
- Where: Tradex Abbotsford – 1190 Cornell St, Abbotsford
- When: February 25 from 10 am to 6 pm, February 26 from 10 am to 5 pm
- Tickets: Online, $7-$11
- What: The quintessential Seuss, The Cat in the Hat returns to Carousel Theatre for Young People with extraordinary physical theatre, magic and movement. The Cat and his Hat appears one rainy day and turns The Boy, Sally and the Fish’s world upside down. At first it is fun, but Sally and the Boy soon find themselves in a chaotic predicament.
- Where: The Waterfront Theatre – 1412 Cartwright Street, Vancouver (Granville Island)
- When: February 25 to March 26 at various times
- Tickets: Online, $15-$35
- What: Find local produce, meat, seafood, artisan cheese, bread, herbs, baked goods, artisanal crafts, and more.
- Where: Nat Bailey Stadium – 4601 Ontario Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- What: The Canucks host the San Jose Sharks at Rogers Arena this Saturday, in what might be one of your last chances to see Alex Burrows and Jannik Hansen in a Canucks uniform.
- Where: Rogers Arena
- When: Februar5 25, 7 pm
- Tickets: Available online.
Sunday, February 26, 2017
- What: An annual fundraiser by the BC Lung Association to raise money and awareness for lung health research and clean air initiatives. The 16th annual event has participants test their strength, stamina & lungs against the 48 floors of the 490-foot Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel.
- Where: Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel – 1088 Burrard Street
- When: February 26 starting at 8 am
- Register: In person
- What: Shoppers will be able to buy unique vintage clothing, jewelry, housewares, oddities, records, knick knacks, and books from a multitude of vendors. Drinks will be served, and DJs Daniel R, Sean Reveron, and Jon Meade will provide the beats.
- Where: The Astoria Pub – 769 E. Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: February 26 from 1 to 6 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $2, 19+
- What: FlyOver Canada presents Flight of the Dragon, a flight ride experience that lets you soar over breathtaking Chinese countrysides and renowned landmarks.
- Where: FlyOver Canada – 999 Canada Place
- Where: Now until February 26, from 10 am to 9 pm daily
- Tickets: Online, $13.46-$21.56
- What: QUANTUM: The Exhibition is the first-ever travelling show on quantum information science and technology. Visitors will explore how researchers are merging quantum mechanics and information technology to create the technologies that will revolutionize and define the 21st Century—and how many Canadian researchers are leading the way.
- When: Now to February 26, from 10 am to 6 pm daily.
- Where: Science World– 1455 Quebec Street
- Cost: Free with General Admission to Science World
- What: See some of your favourite Canucks face-off in this fun family event. Canucks players will be divided into two teams, team Europe vs. team North America, and will be joined by the North Vancouver Peewee A1 Storm to showcase their skill and agility in six individual on-ice events including.
- When: Sunday February 25, noon
- Where: Rogers Arena
- Tickets: $15 and proceeds benefit the Canucks For Kids Fund and NHLPA Goals & Dreams Fund.
- What: A comedy triple header at VTSL. First enjoy a long form showcase from Performance Studio 6, followed by the ICI Gym Intensive: Acting for New Performers showing off their Shakespearean skills! Then laugh with the stars of tomorrow with VTSL’s Rookie Night.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver (Granville Island)
- When: February 26 at 5:30 pm (Performance Studio 6), 6 pm (ICI Gym Intensive) and 7:30 pm (Rookie Night)
- Tickets: Free to Performance Studio 6 and ICI Gym Intensive shows, $8 to Rookie Night
- What: In this four-hour workshop, participants will learn the art of self-defence with an umbrella or cane. Based on the Bartitsu system developed in turn of the century Victorian England, stick fighting is a practical, easily applied system of self-defence for any lady or gentleman.
- Where: Academie Duello – 412 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: February 26 from 1 to 5 pm
- Register: Online, $99 or $70 for AD members
- What: Badass III presents impactful and extreme feature and short films from around the world, including exclusive screenings of Adam Rifkin & Penn Jillette’s Director’s Cut, and the exploitation epic Frankenstein Created Bikers. There will also be live performances by Tristan Risk, Burns the Dragon and others. Hosted by Mister Nickel.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: February 26 from 2 pm to midnight
- Tickets: Online, $18
- What: A night of stand-up comedy to raise funds for the BC SPCA as part of National Cupcake Day for SPCAs & Humane Societies! Hosted by Kathleen McGee, featuring Graham Clark, Alex Sparling, Randee Neumeyer, Jane Stanton and more.
- Where: Yuk Yuks Vancouver – 2837 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: February 26 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $14.28 plus tax, all proceeds donated to the BC SPCA
- What: The Cobalt celebrates a milestone anniversary with a performance by Little Destroyer, and DJs M!G!H!, Dylan Jones, and Sincerely Hana.
- Where: The Cobalt – 917 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: February 26 at 10 pm
- Tickets: Free
- What: Experience the Academy Awards in style at Vancity Theatre. VIFF’s Oscar party will be hosted with red carpet fashion commentary from Steven Schelling and awards emcee, Michael van den Bos. Ticket includes unlimited free popcorn and a free Oscar ballot bingo card with the opportunity to win VIFF and Vancity Theatre prizes.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: February 26 from 4 to 11 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15, 19+
- What: Find a great selection of local produce, fish, meat, dairy, artisan prepared foods, baked goods, local crafts, and food trucks.
- Where: Hastings Park Centregrounds – 2901 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm