A group of Greater Vancouver makers are coming together to showcase their work at a vibrant event in September.
Sip N’ Shop on September 11 features 18 makers with a variety of specialties at an in-person fair at a Richmond warehouse location. The event will feature live music, food and drink vendors, and locally handcrafted items to discover.
- See also:
“Sip N’ Shop is a Maker Collective that focuses on local, small-batch, well-made goods,” explained Meg Reed, Sip N’ Shop founder, in an interview with Daily Hive. “You will feel the camaraderie and passion expressed in every detail. We are also all women.
“I am super proud of all these amazingly talented women who have built businesses for themselves out of a need to express artistry and/or out of necessity for their families.”
View this post on Instagram
The Sip N’ Shop lineup of makers and their specialties features:
- Atelier de Macramé – Macramé artist and teacher
- Club Tropicana – Hand-poured candles, art prints and tea towels
- Cover These Walls – Locally designed and cut wall coverings and decals
- Farmer Salt Co. – Locally harvested sea salt in a variety of flavours, local honey, local morels
- Motley Hued Studio – Polymer Clay and Resin Jewelry and home décor
- Pindrix – Locally designed enamel pins
- Skye and Woolsley Knits – Handmade cotton aprons, neckties, face masks, beeswax wraps
- The Willow Rainbow – Handmade wool wall hangings and décor
- Get Salty Skincare – Handmade small-batch soap, body butter, facial and boy oils
- Moana Lei Jewelry – Beautifully crafted silver, gold plated and pearl jewelry
- Hazy Pottery – Handmade small batch pottery
- Neon Phoenix – Locally designed and printed 80’s themed t-shirts
- Cates & Co. – Handcrafted pillow covers made from vintage fabrics
- Fluffy Bunny – Over 70 flavours of hand-spun cotton candy created by a mom and her two daughters
- Jac of all Craftz – Handmade Kimono robes, scrunchies, hot/cold rice packs
- Brady’s Studio – Watercolour and crochet artist creating greeting cards, prints and crocheted creatures
- Tamp and Muddle and Espre & Sky – Locally designed and handcrafted wood and metal fire tables
Sip N’ Shop will be serving food and drink during the event, including Another Beer Co. Brewery, Mike and the Mermaid, and more to be announced. Visitors will also enjoy live music during the two different time periods of the maker fair.
View this post on Instagram
“Sip N’ Shop is unique in the way that our makers interact with each other,” said Reed. “Having been a part of these types of events for over 15 years, I have seen the good and the bad. The best thing you can do as a coordinator of these types of events is to make sure your vendors are encouraged to create their own community of collaboration.
“Our vendors are working together, sharing their talents and skills to make this event what we envision it to be. This makes a huge difference when it comes to being a guest.”
Reed added that Sip N’ Shop is planned to be a bi-annual event, with a maker fair in the spring/summer and another one in the fall/winter.
When: September 11, 2021
Time: 11 am to 10 pm
Where: #148 – 14273 Knox Way, Richmond
Cost: $5, children 11 years and under are free. Purchase online