All good things eventually come to an end.
Seth Rogen’s voice announcements on SkyTrain and buses will be ending on Wednesday, October 31. TransLink made the announcement today on The Buzzer blog.
This isn’t to say the announcements weren’t popular amongst transit riders, as they certainly elevated the transit experience, albeit for a short period, but from the outset public transit officials had said the announcements starring the Vancouver actor would end sometime in late October.
Since early-August, Rogen has been providing passengers with transit etiquette tips and reminders, with the announcements switching every few weeks.
The public transit authority says the last three announcements have just been uploaded to the Expo Line and Millennium Line, which will mention hipsters, Waterfront Station, and Hotel Vancouver.
On the Canada Line, the announcements will revolve around etiquettes such as courtesy seats, feet on seats, and walking left and standing right on the escalators.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) replicated TransLink’s idea and also implemented voice announcements using Rogen’s voice, but it decided to end its announcements early in late-September. Rogen’s voice was also not as well received amongst Toronto transit riders.
Rogen performed the announcements for free for TransLink following the cancellation of Morgan Freeman’s announcements associated with a VISA campaign.
You can listen to all of Rogen’s TransLink voice announcements here.
- 12 recordings of Seth Rogen's announcements on SkyTrain and buses (VIDEOS)
- It’s official: Seth Rogen to voice Vancouver’s SkyTrain announcements
- The TTC has ended Seth Rogen's onboard announcements
- This person's diss to Seth Rogen's transit announcements was an epic fail
- All the ways Vancouver native Seth Rogen still reps his hometown
- TransLink pauses Morgan Freeman announcements after allegations of inappropriate behaviour
- Seth Rogen talks about becoming the voice of Canadian public transit on Jimmy Fallon (VIDEO)
- Meet the woman behind the real SkyTrain voice announcements