Vancouverites asked for it, and they got it.
Two months after Seth Rogen offered to do the public voice announcements of SkyTrain, TransLink says the Vancouver-born actor is now confirmed to take on the duty of informing passengers on their transit travels as a guest voice.
Here is the full statement by Steve Vanagas, Vice-President of Customer Communications and Public Affairs for TransLink, on Rogen’s involvement:
“TransLink is pleased to announce that it is partnering with Vancouver-born actor and director Seth Rogen to promote transit ridership and improve the customer experience while using Vancouver’s growing transit system.
Mr. Rogen is a public transit supporter who grew up using Vancouver’s transit system and still uses it today.
Mr. Rogen offered to work with TransLink free of charge and we accepted his offer in the pursuit of providing a better customer experience and to share pride in the region. Watch for Mr. Rogen as a guest voice on our system in the coming weeks.
We are always listening to our customers and that means on social media as well. This idea came from our customers and the local media and we’re happy to have been able to get this done in support of our transit system.”
Rogen will record the announcements for his hometown’s public transit system for free, and it is not associated with VISA Canada’s cancelled campaign of SkyTrain and bus announcements by Morgan Freeman, which were abruptly cancelled after the actor was accused of sexual misconduct.
A video released by the public transit authority features Rogen explaining why he is taking on the role of guest voice.
“I’m very proud to be from Vancouver. And I grew up taking public transit my whole life and I still use public transit when I’m in the city,” said Rogen.
“I do take the Canada Line all the time. I go to the Richmond Night Market a lot and parking there is incredibly difficult. And I live downtown so there’s a lot of stops nearby. When the opportunity came up to be a voice on public transportation, I was thrilled. I am honestly always looking for ways to participate in Canadian culture and to put the spotlight on Canada.”
The video includes a sneak peek of some of Rogen’s audio recordings:
- “Hey Vancouver – It’s Seth. Here’s a trip to make your transit ride even more awesome. I know your bag is probably very nice and you care deeply for it, but that doesn’t mean it needs its own seat.”
- “Those are very nice sneakers, but kind of a horror show on the sole, so get those feet off the seat. My mom might be sitting there one day. Come on!”
— TransLink BC (@TransLink) July 26, 2018
At this time, TransLink has not provided an exact timeline for when the announcements will go live on the transit system, but it will happen in the near future.
- 8 Vancouver celebs we want to hear make SkyTrain and bus announcements
- Seth Rogen offers to do Vancouver’s SkyTrain and bus voice announcements
- Morgan Freeman to voice Vancouver's SkyTrain and bus announcements
- 11 recordings of Morgan Freeman's announcements on SkyTrain and buses (VIDEO)
- Meet the woman behind the real SkyTrain voice announcements
- All the ways Vancouver native Seth Rogen still reps his hometown