Shocking dashcam footage taken on the Trans Canada highway near Revelstoke shows a near head-on collision involving a passenger coach bus and tractor-trailer travelling on the wrong side of the road.
According to Revelstoke RCMP, the incident took place at approximately 3 am on October 7, 2018, on the Trans Canada Highway.
Dashcam footage from the eastbound-travelling bus shows the westbound truck crossing over the double-yellow lines, right into the path of the bus.
The bus driver quickly veers out of the way, swerving to the right. RCMP say only a few minor injuries resulted from the collision.
“The defensive driving of a charter bus driver, in all likelihood, saved many lives,” said police in a release.
The truck driver received a Provincial Motor Vehicle Act Violation Ticket for their unsafe driving on the highway.
Revelstoke RCMP are reminding drivers to follow the posted speed limit on the highway.
“Considering the recent volume of commercial vehicle incidents in the area, the Revelstoke RCMP and BC RCMP Traffic Services would like to remind all drivers that roadways are constructed for safe driving at the posted speed limit,” said Sgt. Kurt Grabinsky, in a release.
“Driving to road conditions means travelling at a rate which ensures the ability to safely maintain your lane and stay on the road. All drivers are encouraged to slow down: drive the speed limit (advisory or variable speed limits), and do their part to ensure that everyone gets to their destination safely.”
- Airborne SUV narrowly avoids hitting pedestrian in Richmond parking lot (VIDEO)
- Air Canada’s near miss at San Fran airport almost the ‘worst aviation accident in history’
- Dashcam captures awkward vehicle collision in Richmond (VIDEO)
- Dashcam captures close call between cyclist and vehicle in Vancouver (VIDEO)
- 2 teens arrested after more than 100 tires slashed in Burnaby
- Insanely close call between car and pedestrian in Richmond caught on dashcam (VIDEO)