One of the biggest primetime medical dramas currently on television has been renewed for a second season.
Earlier this month, ABC renewed The Good Doctor for another full season run following its stellar ratings performance throughout the first.
So far, it has experienced ratings of between nine and 10 million viewers per episode in the United States, making it the second highest-rated show on ABC after Grey’s Anatomy.
The series is filmed in various locations in the Vancouver region, which passes as San Jose, California. It is currently the most high-profile television series being filmed in the City.
It stars British actor Freddie Highmore as Dr. Shaun Murphy, a young surgeon with autism and savant syndrome. Other series regulars include Richard Schiff, Antonia Thomas, Nicholas Gonzalez, Beau Garrett, Chuku Modu, Hill Harper, and Tamlyn Tomita.
The Good Doctor is based on a 2013 South Korean drama of the same name, and was adapted for western audiences by David Shore, the acclaimed creator of the medical drama House.
The series’ first season finale will air Monday, March 26 on ABC and CTV.
- 'The Good Doctor' to keep shooting in Vancouver after getting full season order
- Vancouver-filmed Once Upon A Time to end after current season
- 14 movies and TV shows you probably didn't know were filmed at UBC
- DC's Flashpoint rumoured to be shooting in Vancouver
- Spotted: 'Riverdale' stars Charles Melton and Casey Cott enjoy Vancouver sunshine (PHOTOS)
- Olivia Munn is back filming in Vancouver right now (PHOTOS)
- Deadpool 2 releases new trailer showing off downtown Vancouver (VIDEO)
- Chris Hemsworth in Tofino: "Not sure if we’re robbing banks or surfing" (PHOTOS)