On January 18 a Go Fund Me page was made as a last-ditch effort to keep the beloved Vancouver vegetarian restaurant, The Foundation, open for business.
The Main Street restaurant is set to officially close on February 26, with the owners citing the increasing rent of the space as the reason for halting the operation of the eatery.
We started this journey 15 years ago. Built with no business plan, but with our hearts. To build a community around a restaurant. To be different. With real sadness, we announce that we will be closing our doors on Feb. 26th. We are honored to have been able to serve the community for the time we had. I sincerely thank every person who gave us a chance and walked through our door. We have been lucky to have all the staff over the years. Great people, my family. We will miss you so much. Love #morebeanslesswar #endofanera Ps if anyone were to know a good recipe book publisher….
The creator of “Save The Foundation Eatery” is asking for donations to reach their $36,000 goal. According to the maker of the page, the lease of the space is increasing around $3,000 per month starting in March. The page also says the building is eventually going to be torn down.
If you’re willing to do anything to save the hipster paradise than this is your last chance – do it for the nachos.
- The Foundation, legendary Vancouver vegetarian restaurant, set to close February 26 [UPDATED]
- Basho Cafe and Sweets quietly closes, reveals future plans
- Miura restaurant closed, owners pledge to re-open elsewhere
- Relish Gourmet Burgers on Davie closes up shop
- Calhoun's Bakery Cafe closes its doors for good
- Nice Vice vegan "ice cream" shop is closing its doors