FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Good news New Year’s Eve revellers. As per tradition, all TransLink transit services will be free after 5 pm on December 31 until 5 am on January 1.
SkyTrain service on all lines will be extended to accommodate those travelling to New Year’s celebrations across the city. SeaBus ferries and a number of bus routes will also see additional and later service.
- Ring in 2017 at Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver fireworks celebration
- TRUE NORTH: The biggest and best New Year's Eve indoor party in Vancouver
- Family Zone viewing experience available for New Year's Eve Vancouver fireworks
- Premium viewing experiences now available for New Year's Eve Vancouver fireworks
All fare gates will remain open during this time and customers should not tap Compass Cards or tickets after 5 pm. Customers who do tap in before 5 pm must tap out on SkyTrain and SeaBus to make sure they are charged the correct fare.
Festivities at Concord’s New Year’s Eve Vancouver on Canada Place Way in downtown Vancouver begin at 6:30 pm and culminate with a 5-minute-long Family Fireworks show at 9 pm and a spectacular 10-minute-long Midnight Countdown Finale Fireworks show at 12 am. Both shows are launched from a barge in the middle of Coal Harbour.
Free Public Transit on New Year’s Eve
Free transit fares start at 5 pm on Saturday, January 31, 2016 and go until 5 am on Sunday, January 1, 2017.
- Bus service will run usual Saturday schedules with some routes running additional evening/late-night trips after their normal schedules. Use the Trip Planner to check your route and bus times.
- SkyTrain service will be extended by approximately one hour and include more frequent trains throughout the evening.
- SeaBus will be extended by one hour. The last sailing from Lonsdale Quay will be at 2:02 a.m. and the last sailing from Waterfront will be at 2:22 a.m.
- West Coast Express and extended 701 buses to Mission will not operate.