FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Two fireworks displays will light up the night skies over Coal Harbour in downtown Vancouver on New Year’s Eve.
Concord’s New Year’s Eve Vancouver is planning a Family Fireworks display at 9 pm, followed by a spectacular Midnight Countdown Fireworks display beginning at the stroke of midnight. In between throughout the night, beginning at 6:30 pm on Canada Place Way, a number of artists will take to the stages of the festival as part of the celebrations ringing in 2017.
- Ring in 2017 at Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver fireworks celebration
- 13 artists and bands performing at Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver concerts
For families with young children, the RE/MAX Family Zone located along the west promenade of the Canada Place pier provides a comfortable and less crowded space to celebrate the New Year.
This year’s new family viewing zone at the pier is designed for families and includes access to indoor washrooms and an indoor family-focused entertainment area within the ballrooms of the Vancouver Convention Centre’s East Building at Canada Place. Expect everything from face painters to arcade games, plus carnival style food and beverages available for purchase.
Revellers within this Family Zone will also have in-and-out privileges to enjoy the rest of the festivities on the street, such as the two outdoor concert stages and over 20 food trucks on Canada Place Way.
Please note that while this Family Zone consists of an indoor activity area, the fireworks viewing area is an uncovered outdoor space.
- Where: Canada Place (999 Canada Place, Vancouver)
- When: 6:30 pm on December 31, 2016 to 12:10 am on January 1, 2017
- Tickets: Regular – $28.75 per person; group of four individuals – $26.25 per person; child 11 and under – free (but must be accompanied with adult)
- Website: www.nyevan.com