A recently-constructed home in East Vancouver is turning heads for being the city’s newest “super-skinny” single-family home.
The property is located at 3636 Saint George Street, slightly west of Main Street and north of King Edward Avenue, near Sir Charles Tupper Elementary School.
It was completed earlier this year, and is now listed on the market for $2.989 million. A previous appraisal by BC Assessment of the same property with its previous structure valued the land alone to be worth $1.418 million.
The house is narrow due to the constraints of its 3,960-sq-ft lot size, which is just 20 ft wide but 198 ft deep. These site challenges forced the project’s designers – architect Randy Bens and interior designer Falken Reynolds – to come up with a unique building form.
And surprisingly, this contemporary property still packs quite a bit of living space.
Spanning a total floor area of 2,093-sq-ft, the house has three bedrooms, four bathrooms, dining room, study room, library, and laundry area, plus other concealed storage spaces.
The kitchen includes fully integrated appliances, complete with a wine fridge and even an espresso machine.
Ceiling heights within the structure range between nine and 11 ft, with natural light pouring in through a total of 11 skylights.
As for the outdoor spaces, there is a private south-facing courtyard and a 100-ft-long backyard with a walk-out deck, fire pit, outdoor speakers, and a 100-sq-ft indoor studio that matches the main residence.
The property was recently featured in Dwell Magazine.
- 'Cube house' on Vancouver's Point Grey Road sold for $7.95 million (PHOTOS)
- Fire-destroyed Vancouver home listed for $3.99 million
- You can own this West Vancouver bungalow for 'only' $14.8 million
- A $25.9 million luxury home near Whistler Village is being auctioned off (PHOTOS)
- Arthur Erickson's 'Hwang House' in Vancouver listed for $5.5 million (PHOTOS)
- New mansion in the British Properties comes with pool and tennis court (PHOTOS)
- Take a self-guided virtual tour of this $16.5 million home in West Vancouver
- This $3.75 million luxury home used to be a BC Electric substation (PHOTOS)
- This 'castle' in East Vancouver is for sale for $2.298 million (PHOTOS)