Second World War medals were among valuables stolen during a Toronto break-in over the weekend.
According to police, in the early morning hours of Saturday, January 12, 2019, suspect(s) entered a residence in the Jarvis Street and Mount Pleasant Road area.
- 17-year-old girl sexually assaulted in PATH system near Union Station
- Man steals POS machine from restaurant in Scarborough dine and dash (PHOTOS)
- Photo radar is coming to Toronto streets later in 2019
Police say numerous items were stolen, including a box containing six Second World War medals.
While the box was located a short distance away, the medals were missing.
The stolen medals included:
– War Medal 1939-1945 (silver medal, 1.42″ diameter)
– 1939-1945 Star
– France and Germany Star
– Defence Medal
– Canadian Volunteer Service Medal
– Military Medal
Police released photos of the medals, and are asking the public in to keep an eye out for them in case they were also discarded near Jarvis and Bloor, or are being made available for resale.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).