This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should have on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants to eat at in Toronto right now:
- Aloha First Canadian Place! Calii Love just opened outpost at 100 King Street West ans is dishing out a menu featuring poke, salad, grain bowls, smoothies, and coffee.
- Hot Bunzz Street Cuizine opens the doors to their new semi-permanent pop-up location at 170 Spadina this weekend, from Friday, January 19
- American sushi chain Kona Grill just debuted its first Canadian location at 6210 Highway 7 in Vaughan.
- La Paella at 1146 Queen Street East looks just about ready to open its doors and locals report it could be operational as of this weekend.
- Luscious Desserts, a new Asian dessert house is newly open at 493A Dundas Street West at Spadina.
- Taiwanese Dessert spot Meet Fresh opens its first Toronto location tomorrow, Friday, January 19 at 5315 Yonge Street in North York.
- Pi Co. celebrates the grand opening of its newest location at 170 University Avenue with a free pizza giveaway next week.
- Rose & Sons Delicatessen, the newest iteration of Rose & Sons, opens today, January 18 at 176 Dupont Street.
- Epic soft serve spot, Sweet Jesus has opened an outpost inside the Toronto Eaton Centre at 220 Yonge Street.
- A la Turk, a new restaurant dishing out home-style Turkish food is in the works at 3443 Yonge Street.
- Blaze Pizza is currently in the process of opening two new Toronto locations. The fast-fired pizza maker is going in at 150 John Street, as well as 4888 Yonge Street.
- Big Trouble Pizza is coming soon to 235 Spadina Avenue in Toronto’s Chinatown.
- Café Bon Bon is coming soon to Unit 89-90, 550 Highway 7 East in Markham.
- Venetian eatery Dal-Moro’s Fresh Pasta To Go is opening its first Toronto location at 605 Yonge Street in mid- to late February.
- Dumbo Snack Bar, a new late-night destination for cocktails, beers, and small plates, is expected to open in early March at 1704 Queen Street.
- Sandwich and coffee shop Oliva is plotting a second location at 3190 Yonge Street.
- New bar Open House is taking over the former address of The Steady at 1051 Bloor Street West. The address will also house a take-out counter devoted entirely to Nashville Hot Chicken.
- Vancouver’s Tractor Foods is opening its first Toronto location this summer at 151 Yonge Street.
- Opening soon: Open House, a cozy new local in Bloorcourt
- Toronto getting a new Nashville Hot Chicken take-out counter
- Tractor Foods expands in BC; set to open first Toronto location