Just in time for all your springtime and summer travelling, Skytrax has released its annual ‘World Airport Awards‘ and Toronto’s Pearson Airport has rounded out North America’s top 10.
Additionally, YYZ ranks as the 50th best airport in the world, which represents a drop from 41st place in 2018.
Toronto’s global ranking is just wedged in between Quito at number 49 and New Zealand’s Christchurch at 51.
Changi is ranked as the world’s best airport, followed by Tokyo Haneda Airport, Seoul Incheon Airport, Doha Homad Airport, and Hong Kong.
The only two other Canadian airports that rank in the top 100 are Vancouver International Airport at number 17 and Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport.
- Toronto's island airport voted one of the most scenic landings in the world... again
- Reminder: There's a TTC fare hike coming into effect April 1
- Toronto Pearson named Best Large Airport in North America for second consecutive year
Skyrax’s airport rankings are based on passenger comfort and airport design.
The annual Skytrax rankings are deemed by some as the most prestigious and recognized awards in the aviation industry. Besides ranking airports overall, it also surveys other aviation industry aspects such as analyzes airlines, airline lounges, airport hotels, airport dining, airport shopping, and airport staff.
Here’s what Skytrax’s top 10 best airports in North America looked like for 2019.
Best Airports in North America 2019
- Vancouver International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Houston George Bush International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Dallas-Forth Worth International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Montreal International Airport