A 17-year-old boy is facing numerous charges after police caught him with a loaded firearm.
Police say on Tuesday, January 15 just after 1 am, members of the West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit and Emergency Task Force executed a search warrant at a residence in the area of Jane Street and Finch Avenue West.
- 18-year-old dies in Etobicoke drive-by shooting
- 16-year-old boy arrested for bringing gun to school in North York
- Guns seized following attempted murder in Toronto involving 5 suspects
When officers arrived at the residence, they located a loaded Sturm Ruger Speed Six .357 Revolver, loaded with six .357 rounds of ammunition.
Following the search, a 17-year-old boy from Toronto was arrested and is now facing the following seven charges:
1. Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
2. Possess Prohibited Firearm Without Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
3. Possess Firearm Obtained by Crime
4. Alter Serial Number on Firearm
5. Store Firearm Carelessly
6. Store Ammunition Carelessly
7. Breach of Recognizance
The boy appeared in court on Tuesday afternoon and he cannot be named under provisions contained in the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477) or online.