A 31-year-old Toronto man has been charged in connection to a child luring and child exploitation investigation.
On Thursday, March 28, members of the Toronto Police Service’s child exploitation section executed a search warrant in the Eglinton Avenue East and Bayview Avenue area.
Investigators say that from June 2018 to March 2019, the accused communicated online with numerous individuals, including children.
During this time, he offered the children money and gifts in order to “entice them” toward a sexual encounter. The suspect also requested other individuals to engage sexually with a child for monetary gain.
Additionally, the accused shared images depicting the sexual exploitation of children.
Following the search warrant, 31-year-old Peter Kirkeby of Toronto was arrested and charged with:
- Luring a child (under 16)
- Obtaining Sexual Services for Consideration from Person (under 18)
- Make Available Child Pornography
- Possess Child Pornography
- Access Child Pornography
- Man wanted for alleged kidnapping and sexual assault may be in Toronto (PHOTOS)
- Police looking for man who allegedly followed 16-year-old girl
- Attempted abduction of 14-year-old-girl prompts 'Public Safety Alert'
Police believe Kirkeby contacted people under similar circumstances across the province and elsewhere in Canada. Police also say they are concerned there may be other victims.
Kirkeby is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, April 4.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or online.