This weekly round-up spotlights new Toronto restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should have on your radar.
Here are the newest places to eat in Toronto right now:
- Baba’s Doner House is now open at 1120 Queen Street West. On the menu, souvlaki and doner sandwiches, lamajoun, and more.
- Rodney Bower’s new spot, Bunny’s opens today at 912 Queen Street East.
- Café Cancan, the new French bistro from Chef Victor Barry is now open at 89 Harbord Street
- Canary & Fox Micro Market opens today, Thursday, June 8 at 778 Annette Street in Baby Point Village.
- Montreal vegan chain, Copper Branch is entering the Toronto market with its first location set to open this month inside Commerce Court.
- The Dock on Queen, a new coffee house, and music venue is now operational at 932 Queen Street East.
- Kū-kŭm Kitchen a new restaurant helmed by Chef Joseph Shawana is now open at 581 Mount Pleasant Road and serving indigenous cuisine including juniper and spruce tip encrusted elk and Saskatoon berry ice cream.
- Picnic Food, makers of grab-and-go salads, sandwiches, and snacks has opened its newest outlet at 120 Bloor Street East.
- A new Persian cookhouse called Tabriz opens tomorrow, June 9 at 995 Bay Street. On the menu, Ghormeh Sabzi, Baghali Polo, and more.
- Grant van Gameren’s new Eastern European spot, Tennessee Tavern opens its doors tomorrow, June 9 at 1554 Queen Street West in Parkdale.
- True True opens its second outlet at 456 Queen Street West and has added panini to the menu alongside its signature stretch pies and salads.
- Zelden’s Deli and Desserts, a new spot for sky high sandwiches is newly opened at 1446 Yonge Street just south of St. Clair.
- Wong’s Ice Cream kicks off its soft launch this Saturday, June 10 at 617 Gerrard Street East. Look forward to rotating flavours including Wasabi Honey, Lemongrass Lime Sorbet, and Ube!
- Calii Love just recently celebrated the grand opening of its Yorkville outlet and now a third location is in the works in the PATH at First Canadian Place.
- Chula a new Mexican restaurant from Bryan Burke and Adam Dolley is replacing McGugan’s Scottish pub at 1058 Gerrard Street East. Opening in July, the new spot promises patios on the roof and in the backyard each outfitted with a “tiki bar, endless varieties of tequila, Sunday pig roasts and amazing staff.”
- La Diperie is going in across from Trinity Bellwoods Park at 925 Queen Street West. The new location will be the second outlet in Toronto serving soft serve coated in a choice of 40+ chocolate dips and 20+ toppings.
- As previously reported, Goose Island Brewhouse is opening its first Canadian location at 58 The Esplanade this July.
- Mulberry, a new cocktail bar is coming soon to 828 Bloor Street West.
- NōMads Restobar is set to replace the recently shuttered taqueria Tilde at 699 Danforth Avenue.
Saulter Street Brewery is coming soon to Riverside. The new brewhouse, tasting room, and retail shop is under construction at 31 Saulter Street.