FEATURED EVENTS IN TORONTO
The day theatre fans have been waiting for in Toronto has arrived. Hamilton is officially open for its almost three-month run.
The city has been waiting for the production since 2016 when it was teased that it was coming. The following year, Mirvish confirmed that the Broadway hit was coming to Toronto in their 2019-2020 season.
And the wait is finally over.
The incredibly popular production is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary, according to Mirvish. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, “Hamilton is the story of America then, as told by America now.”
After winning a Tony, Grammy, and Olivier Awards, the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, Toronto was abuzz to finally get to see the highly anticipated musical.
And it is clear why.
Hamilton takes the classic aspect of theatre, and blends it with the modern musical twist that is harder to describe in words, and better to experience in person.
It’s no wonder it is a record-breaking show for Mirvish.
In October, Hamilton broke records in Toronto, months before its Canadian debut. At its peak sale time, about 30,000 theatre fans were on Mirvish’s website trying to snag tickets to the hottest show this year.
- See also:
And for fans still looking, Mirvish will be selling $10 tickets to the popular theatrical performance through a digital lottery.
Yes, that is correct. While regular price ticket prices range from $50 to $275, these select tickets will cost you only $10.
According to Mirvish, 40 tickets will be sold for every performance for $10 each, and they will begin two days prior to each performance.
Here is how to get $10 tickets to Hamilton in Toronto
- Mirvish said to use the official app for Hamilton
- You can also visit the Hamilton Lottery page to register
- The lottery will open at 11:00 am two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 am the day prior to the performance
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent between 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided)
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Mirvish warns repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4 pm the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email.
- Note: Tickets not claimed by 4 pm the day prior to the performance are forfeited
And once you secure your tickets, they may be picked up at will call beginning two hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID.
This is definitely the best deal when it comes to the highly anticipated shows.
Hamilton will take place at the Ed Mirvish Theatre from February 11 to May 17, 2020.