From coast to coast Canada’s culinary scene is thriving. In this weekly column, we round up the biggest food-focused stories from across the country each week.
See what your fellow Canadians are hungry for right here:
- Vancouver will be the first Canadian city with an outpost of Zaatar W Zeit. The popular Middle Eastern chain is set to open in VanCity in late 2017/2018.
- Toronto’s Quantum Coffee just opened its second location… on the West Coast and will introduce Vancouverites to coffee blended with technology.
- On-demand food delivery service foodora finally arrived in Calgary this week–well behind other major cities in Canada but better late than never.
- Montreal’s Chef Benjamin Mauroy-Langlais of Automne has won the title of Canada’s Best Young Chef in the S.Pellegrino Young Chef competition and will now advance to rep Canada at the world finale in 2018.
- Acclaimed Montreal Chef Antonio Park is branching out into The Six. The chef of Park and Lavanderia is taking over the kitchen and giving the menu a makeover at Toronto’s KasaMoto.
- Homesteaders in Toronto got a big win this week. City Council has approved a pilot project to allow backyard chickens in select neighbourhoods.