This weekend, the 53rd Cavalcade of Lights will light up Toronto skies and as a result, there will be a number of road closures to prepare for.
Road closures will be in place for both vehicle and pedestrian traffic on Saturday, November 30 from 4 to 11:30 pm.
The annual event starts at 6:30 pm and runs until 10:30 pm, and attendees can look forward to live music, the lighting of city hall’s Christmas tree, a pyrotechnics show, and public skating throughout the event.
- See also:
According to Toronto police, the road closures will be as follows:
- Queen Street West from Yonge Street to University Avenue.
- Bay Street from Dundas Street West to Richmond Street. Local traffic only from Dundas Street West to Hagerman Street.
- The sidewalk will be closed on the west side of Bay Street adjacent to city hall from Hagerman Street to Albert Street.
- James Street local traffic only between Queen Street and Albert Street. Access plan provided for local stakeholders at Bay Street and Hagerman Street. Suspended public street parking.
- Albert Street local traffic only between James Street and Bay Street. Access plan provided for local stakeholders at Bay Street and Hagerman Street. Suspended public street parking.
- York Street local traffic only between Richmond Street West and Queen Street West. Full closure at Queen Street.
- Hagerman Street from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street.
- Elizabeth Street full closure between Foster Place and Hagerman Street. Suspended public street parking.
Additionally, the 501 Queen Street streetcar will divert between Church Street and Spadina Avenue along King Street. The number 6 Bus on Bay Street will divert to Yonge Street.
Police are advising motorists to avoid the area and to consider alternate routes.