The only thing better than a long weekend is a long weekend with sunny weather — and it seems like that’s what’s in store for Montreal.
Speaking of “in store,” as Canada celebrates Victoria Day (Journée des Patriotes in Quebec), various shops and stores will remain open on Monday, some of which could be boasting holiday sales.
Municipal, federal, and provincial government offices however, will all be closed.
- Health officials now say 66 people died during last year's heat wave in Montreal
- This Instagram account shows off gorgeous drone shots of Montreal (PHOTOS)
- Montreal's FREE beachside village opens for the season this month
- Watch the final pillar of the old Turcot Interchange get torn down (VIDEO)
Keep in mind that public transit schedules may be slower on Monday as the STM will run on its regular weekend schedule.
To help you plan out the upcoming long weekend, here’s what’s open and what’s closed on Victoria Day in Montreal.
- All banks and post offices will be closed
- All federal and provincial government offices will be closed
- All municipal courts will be closed
- Some restaurants will be closed (we’d recommend calling beforehand to make sure)
- SAQ liquor stores will remain open for regular business hours (hooray!)
- Retail stores will remain open
- Most restaurants will remain open
- Some grocery stores will remain open
- Some pharmacies will remain open, especially larger chains like Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix
- The Biodome, the Botanical Gardens, and the Science Centre will remain open
- Garbage pickup will mostly continue as normal
- The majority of movie theatres will remain open
- The Casino and La Ronde will remain open
- The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts will remain open
- Outdoor markets, including Atwater Market, Jean-Talon Market, and Maisonneuve Market will remain open
- The STM will be running on a weekend schedule