Besides coming together for a good trio of rhymes, BIXI, coffee and free go pretty well together.
BIXI Bikes are fusing the city’s impressive variety of cafes with their monthly free bicycle rides as the bike sharing program will be dishing out free cups of coffee from Café Barista at La Fontaine Park this Sunday, September 30.
According to BIXI’s website, Park La Fontaine, along with being one of Montreal’s most iconic parks, is the perfect spot to take a quick coffee break and continue onwards with a free BIXI adventure.
View this post on Instagram
The bike-sharing system recommends downloading their BIXI app to easily see which stations are full and which have bikes at their disposal.
How it works:
- Head to any of the 540 BIXI station kiosks between 12 am and 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 30
- Insert your credit card, select “One way – 0$” (a $20 deposit is held per bike for up to 10 days)
- Enter the code provided and input the numbers into the keyboard on the left of your chosen bike’s dock
- Explore the city of Montreal for 30 minutes maximum. (Fees will apply if you spend more than the allocated time)
- Return your BIXI to any station and start another trip as many times as you want
- Visit Park La Fontaine for a free cup of coffee
When: Sunday, September 30
Time: From 11 am – 4 pm
Where: Park La Fontaine, Brébeuf/Rachel station