Canadian spots named on La Liste's World's Best Restaurants for 2023
Canada’s restaurants have really taken centre stage on the international dining scene as of late.
From Michelin-rated restaurants in both Toronto and Vancouver to a selection of the country’s best new restaurants recognized by Air Canada, our country’s restaurants are shining pretty bright – and getting recognized for their excellence.
Now, several have been recognized on La Liste’s World’s Best Restaurant Selection for 2023.
- You might also like:
- "Pristine natural beauty": Canadian spot named among the best places to visit in 2023
- Yelp reveals its 10 biggest food trend predictions for 2023
- SkipTheDishes reveals the most expensive orders made in each province over the last decade
La Liste, a France-based awards program, is comprised of an international advisory board that compiles information based on guidebooks, media publications, and millions of online reviews in order to present a list of the very best of the best around the world.
In order to determine the trustworthiness of these guidebooks and reviews, La Liste also consults several thousand chefs on their opinion of the legitimacy of the guidebooks and their own estimation of a restaurant’s value.
Further adding to its quantitative method, La Liste integrates online customer reviews of the restaurants, which are given a 10% weight in the final score.
Once this information is compiled, each review score is then converted to a single grade on a scale of 0 to 100 – the resulting score determines where the restaurant ranks on the overall list.
La Liste publishes three different categories for international restaurants: Top 1,000 Best Restaurants in the World, Outstanding Restaurants and Bistros, and Food Gems, from Uprising to Authentic.
With some considerable Canadian representation this round, one Toronto restaurant ranked the highest, with several restaurants from Montreal and Vancouver also scoring well.
So without further ado, here are the 21 Canadian restaurants that made the La Liste World’s Best Restaurants for 2023.
- Alo – Toronto, ON (95.5)
- Edulis – Toronto, ON (94)
- Pearl Morrisette – Lincoln, ON (92.5)
- Langdon Hall Dining Room & Terrace – Cambridge, ON (92)
- Toqué! – Montreal, QC (91)
- Mon Lapin – Montreal, QC (89)
- Published on Main – Vancouver, BC (88)
- Canoe Restaurant and Bar – Toronto, ON (85)
- St. Lawrence – Vancouver, BC (83)
- Don Alfonso 1890 – Toronto, ON (82.5)
- Eden – The Rimrock Resort – Banff, AB (82.5)
- Joe Beef – Montreal, QC (80.5)
- Scaramouche – Toronto, ON (78.5)
- The River Café – Calgary, AB (78.5)
- Hawksworth – Vancouver, BC (78)
- La Banane – Toronto, ON (76)
- Buca Osteria & Bar – Toronto, ON (75.5)
- Cafe Boulud – Toronto, ON (75.5)
- L’Abattoir – Vancouver, BC (75.5)
- Le Mousso – Montreal, QC (75)
- Osteria Giulia – Toronto, ON (75)
You can read more about La Liste and past restaurant awards on its website.