YVR Food Fest is going down from June 27 to July 3, and more news is rolling out about their exciting events.
Arrival Agency’s sixth installation of their popular summertime food festival (formerly known as Food Cart Fest) will offer not only their signature Street Food Showdown, but expanded foodie programming that will include a long table dinner, a huge outdoor brunch, a Canada Day BBQ with live music, and the speaker series Food For Thought.
Food For Thought will be in its sophomore year this summer, and for 2017 they’ve put together a diverse lineup of food folks offering their own take on food-related topics sure to delight and inspire. You’ll get to have your say too; Food For Thought includes a panel discussion with audience participation.
Taking the stage this year are:
- Chef Angus An from Maenam and Fat Mao
- Chef Andrea Carlson from Burdock & Co and Harvest
- Food educator Camille Flanjak from Museum Eats
- TV host and author Desiree Nielsen Host of Urban Vegetarian on Gusto TV
- Chef Jair Tellez from Vancouver’s Fayuca and Mexico’s Laja, MeroToro, and Amaya
- Herbalist Cease Wyss from Raven and Hummingbird Tea Co.
With this stellar array of food experts on tap, there’s sure to be engaging conversation from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and experiences.
Food for Thought – YVR Food Fest
When: Thursday, June 29 from 7 to 10 pm
Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
Tickets: $17, available online
- YVR Food Fest returns this summer with food trucks, brunch, BBQ and more
- YVR Food Fest's Canada Day Cookout announces exciting music lineup
- Chef Andrea Carlson on creating community through food
- How Asian food has become the star of Canada's culinary scene
- 12 Vancouver chef Instagram accounts you need to follow