On Sunday, July 30 a Vancouver chef is going to make history – to be more specific – he’s going to make the most expensive sausage in history.
This isn’t the typical Stampede or PNE two-foot-long hotdog type of deal – Vancouver-based chef Daniel Bae is planning on setting a new Guinness World Record by making the most expensive sausage in the world.
- Vancouver's Food Gays just released a killer Noodlebox creation, and it's only available for one week
- 41 outrageous new foods coming to the PNE this year
- Canadian chef serves New York's culinary elite "Shake 'n Bake"
- 21 Vancouver food events worth checking out in August
Determined to become to new Sausage King, Bae’s creation is going to be $100 Canadian per sausage (65 g), which means in order to buy the ingredients necessary to make 1 kg of of this offering, Bae is shelling out a whopping $1,500.
This list includes coveted products such as:
- Fresh Satsuma A5 Wagyu Beef flown in from Kobe ($265 )
- Saffron ($75), 24k Gold ($300)
- Fresh Italian Truffle Medley ($80)
- A 8% Polish Ultra Junmai Daiginjo Sake from the Yamagata Region of Japan ($450)
Bae will break this record during a private event on Sunday, shattering the dreams of the person who help the previous record for the World’s Most Expensive Sausage. That creation was only a mere $60 per link when it was made in 2015.
If you want to try these sausages yourself, you can order them at [email protected], or potentially, you’ll be able to order them in the future at high end restaurants in Vancouver.