FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
An eggciting Easter-themed event is coming to the Vancouver Aquarium this month.
Taking place from Friday, April 19 to Monday, April 22, the Easter Scavenger Hunt is a chance for the public to “celebrate the quirky and curious facts about aquatic creatures and their eggs.”
- 7 weird creatures you can find at the Vancouver Aquarium right now
- Vancouver now live-streaming Pacific Great Blue heron colony in Stanley Park
- Conservation group working on recommendations for COS after orphaned bear cub destroyed
Attendees will embark on the hunt as questions crafted by Aquarium eggs-perts take them on a journey through the facility’s various galleries – from the warmth of the Tropics to the cooler but still colourful British Columbia coast – in search of the answers.
At the end, completed Scavenger Hunt forms can be returned in exchange for chocolate treat and the chance to win a prize.
Special program will also be taking place throughout the weekend, which include:
- The chance to get up-close with a Red-footed tortoise or Ball python at 11:40 am or an African penguin at 2:15 pm in the Teck Connections Gallery.
- Marvelling in the extraordinary adaptations of sharks that make them the ultimate ocean predators and guardians during Shark: A 4-D Experience every 30 minutes starting at 11:15 am in the 4-D theatre.
- Gathering around for story time. The Aquarium team and puppet troupe will keep the young and the young-at-heart in stitches during this dynamic and engaging family-friendly program at 10:45 am daily in the Pacific Canada Pavilion.
- Going behind the scenes and get up close with our sea otters, sea lions or penguins during an Animal Encounter or embark on a Be a Biologist tour.
The Easter Scavenger Hunt and 4-D theatre are included with admission or membership. Animal Encounters and the Be a Biologist tour can be purchased for an additional cost (member discounts apply); advance booking is recommended as spaces are limited and often sell out.