There is new political leadership within the Mayors’ Council, the governing board of TransLink and its board of directors.
The body’s new composition, comprised of 23 regional municipal mayors and jurisdictional leaders, including 17 new faces, elected New Westminster Mayor Jonathan Cote as the new chair of the Mayors’ Council early in their inaugural meeting this morning.
Langley Township Mayor Jack Froese was elected as vice-chair.
There were no other nominations for the leadership positions, and they were elected to their roles swiftly.
Cote replaces Derek Corrigan, who was not re-elected as the mayor of Burnaby, while Froese replaces North Vancouver Mayor Richard Walton.
- Burnaby Mayor Derek Corrigan elected to replace Gregor Robertson as Mayors' Council Chair
- TransLink CEO seeking Mayors' Council's final decision on Surrey SkyTrain
- Some Metro Vancouver mayors are ambivalent on cancelling Surrey LRT for SkyTrain
- Vancouver’s new mayor says he'll help push for new SkyTrain in Surrey
- It’s official: These are the Lower Mainland’s new mayors