A woman is dead and one youth is in critical condition due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campground in Salmon Arm, BC.
- Judge rules high-risk sex offender permitted to be near children if supervised
- Good Samaritan killed in Coquihalla crash while stopping to help others
- $7M Lotto 6/49 winner to keep job as janitor, spend money on children
- Drugs, weapons, and cash seized in 2 separate arrests on same day in Surrey
Just after 10 am on Saturday, RCMP attended to two people in distress at a private campground just outside Salmon Arm.
At the scene, officers located a deceased female and a group of people performing first aid on a youth.
Authorities determined that the woman and youth had been camping in a tent and had gone to bed at approximately midnight.
A cooking pot with wood ash was located inside the tent, and investigators determined that it could have been used as a source for heat by the occupants.
Based on the evidence, RCMP say it is possible both occupants may have been “overcome” by the carbon monoxide from the burning wood.
The youth was transported to a hospital via air ambulance and is in serious condition.
The BC Coroners Service was contacted and is in the early stages of its investigation.