Environment Canada has issued yet another rainfall warning for the Metro Vancouver area.
The announcement comes after horrendous weather caused flash flooding, cancelled ferries, and disrupted SkyTrain service.
The warning is in effect for the following areas:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
Heavy rain is in the forecast for tonight and Thursday, with up to 60 millimetres expected in total.
The worst periods of rainfall are expected to be during the late afternoon and early evening.
Fortunately, the weather will ease up on Thursday, however, there’s still strong potential for further localized flooding and water pooling on roads.
Drivers are asked to take extra caution as conditions will deteriorate throughout the day.
- Heavy rainfall results in flooding, cars floating in Metro Vancouver (VIDEO)
- This couple engaged in 'adult cuddle' atop the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt
- An open letter to the BC taxi lobby: WTF are you doing?