Known for their forward-thinking natural wine program and progressive food, downtown Vancouver’s charming Latab wine bar quietly closed down in mid-February.
Opened in late 2015, Latab Wine Bar was the endeavour of longtime industry pros Kris Barnholden and Eryn Dorman, who had teamed up to give Vancouver a playful and exciting wine and snack destination.
There has been little–or, really, virtually no fanfare–surrounding Latab’s exit from the Vancouver market. The restaurant ran an energetic “last night” dinner service on February 13, which included many of the team donning mullet-style wigs.
Latab’s voice mail, Instagram, website, and Facebook page make no reference to the restaurant’s closure. Since the closure, Daily Hive has reached out repeatedly to the restaurant but has received no reply.
Considering Barnholden and Dorman’s talents, it will be worth watching what they are up to next in the food and wine biz. Stay tuned!
- Main Street's Thyme to Indulge has closed its doors for good
- 10 must-try wine bars in Vancouver
- Yama Cafe opens in the former digs of recently-shuttered Basho
- Cannibal Cafe closes downtown location, Indian-Mexican Masaladobo takes its place
- Bambudda, Gastown's innovative modern restaurant and bar, is closing