FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
The logo and brand of Vancouver’s largest annual event has received a major makeover.
Just weeks ahead of the 27th annual fireworks festival, Honda Celebration of Light organizers unveiled the new branding, which “embodies the event’s spirit of connection and community.”
“The new brand identity is designed around the idea that the event incites so much more than fireworks, it sparks a community to join together and celebrate family, friends, and our beautiful province,” reads the brand identity description.
“It showcases the spectacular energy of light in fresh new ways, with a people-centred approach, vibrant colour palettes, and a new logo that features custom light infused typography.”
- 3 iconic Canadian songs selected for 2017 Honda Celebration of Light
- Honda Celebration of Light 2017 participating countries announced
- Honda Celebration of Light 2017 unveils new Stanley Park Stage lineup
Additionally, the use of colour balances the light-infused quality of the wordmark with gradient backgrounds, effectively highlighting the day-to-night experience that Vancouverites cherish.
This year’s three-night fireworks event kicks off on Saturday, July 29.
Schedule and nations:
- Saturday, July 29: Team Japan, represented by AKARIYA Fireworks
- Wednesday, August 2: Team United Kingdom, represented by Jubilee Fireworks
- Saturday, August 5: Team Canada, represented by Royal Pyrotechnie
Time: 10 pm to 10:28 pm (28-minute duration each night). Rain or shine. Music simulcast on radio station LG 104.3 FM.
Location: English Bay, Vancouver
Daily Hive Vancouver is a proud Media Partner of the
2017 Honda Celebration of Light