Get your sunscreen and sunglasses ready, yesterday’s heat wave warning remains in effect for Metro Vancouver today.
According to Environment Canada, sunny and hot conditions will persist through Wednesday as a strong ridge of high-pressure envelopes British Columbia.
Metro Vancouver can expect high temperatures that will reach low thirties, which is approximately 12°C to 14°C above the average for the middle of June.
Low temperatures will hover around 16°C this evening.
Tuesday’s special weather statement in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
The warm weather will persist throughout the week before cooling down on Friday, bringing a chance of showers.
So make sure to enjoy the hot weather while it lasts and hit up a few patios while you’re at it.