FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
It’s that time of year again, and what better way to celebrate the spooky season than scaring the bejesus out of yourself at one of Metro Vancouver’s haunted houses.
- 10 great Halloween date ideas in Vancouver
- 11 pumpkin patches near Vancouver you need to visit this October
- 16 Vancouver Halloween 2016 parties to get your thriller on
From mock insane asylums to creepy clowns there’s nightmare fuel for everyone in Metro Vancouver this Halloween.
- What: The annual Fright Nights takeover Playland on select nights throughout October and feature seven haunted houses, 15 rides and two thrilling live shows.
- Where: Playland – 2901 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Various days and times between October 7-31
- Tickets: Tickets are $22-$79 online
- What: If you’re not spooked by those creepy clown sightings and want to check out a new Halloween attraction in the city, then the Haunted Circus at the Beaumont Studios is for you.
- When: Friday, October 14 to Monday, October 31. Check website for hours.
- Where: The Beaumont Studios- 316 West 5th Ave.
- Tickets: Tickets available online.
- What: For the 2016 Halloween season, the Valley Haunt will be enclosed in walk-through shipping containers. It will be a bigger and spookier Halloween display.
- When: October 15 to 31, for hours of operation check website
- Where: 1311 Appin Rd., North Vancouver
- Tickets: The Valley Haunt runs by donation. All proceeds go to the BC Firefighter’s Burn Fund.
- What: Get ready to scream and cower in fear: Potters House of Horrors has reopened for the Halloween season.
- Where: 12530 72nd Avenue, Surrey
- When: Open now until October 31. Lil’ Haunters is from 4 to 7 pm, all-ages family hour is from 4 to 6:30 pm, and the regular ultra-scary show is from 7 to 10 pm.
- Tickets: Starts at $10 for tickets. Click here to purchase.
- What: A number of attractions await for those looking for an adrenaline boost, like an insane asylum themed haunted house that brings the horrors of crazed patients to twisted doctors and hospital staff.
- Where: 9423 Gibson Road, Chilliwack
- When: Open until October 31 with various hours. Click here for more.
- Tickets: $11 for each attraction or $20 for both. Patrons get $1 off with a non-perishable food item.
- What: For the past four years, Greg McLellen and his wife have been putting on the Haunted Swamp House and it has continued to grow into a Halloween extravaganza. It now comprises of seven rooms, themed after the cannibal-infested, hillbilly-murderer settled swamps so common in horror movies.
- When: October 28 to 30 from 6 pm to 9 pm. October 31 from 7 pm to 9pm.
- Where: 4120 228 St., Langley
- Tickets: Admission by donation.
- What: The Haunt was created by Trevor Watson, Jodie Blank, and Asha DeChamplain in an effort to bring the Halloween spirit to the neighbourhood. The team has been working tirelessly to bring together live actors, creepy crawlies, and, terrifying props for this family friendly Halloween extravaganza.
- When: October 7 to 31. Monday to Friday 6 pm to 10 pm. Saturday and Sunday noon to 10 pm.
- Where: 3414 Emerald Dr., North Vancouver
- Tickets: By donation. Proceeds donated to the BC Professional Firefighters’ Burn Fund.
- What: Richmond’s Exit Canada escape room is hosting Hallow Nights 2016– a haunted house featuring 11 rooms of terror, scare actors, special effects interactive elements.
- When: October 14 to 31. Doors open at 5 pm.
- Where: 9111 Beckwith Road, Richmond
- Tickets: $32 at the door and $28 online