FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
It is officially time to get into the harvest and Halloween spirit, and what better way to start than visiting a pumpkin patch?
There are plenty around the Lower Mainland and to make things easy for you, we have compiled a list of some go-to spots to pick the perfect pumpkin. Keep in mind some charge a nominal admission fee.
Pick a perfect pumpkin, visit the farm animals, and explore the apple orchard at this Vancouver farm.
- When: October only from 9 am to 6 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 5 pm on weekends.
- Where: 6767 Balaclava Street (at West 51st Avenue), Vancouver
- Cost: Admission by donation, $5 per pumpkin
This Richmond pumpkin patch offers fun for the whole family. With music, entertainment, decorations, and a plethora of pumpkins, there is plenty of fall-themed fun at this farm.
- When: October 8 to 31. Weekends and Thanksgiving Monday open from 10 am to 4:30 pm and 9 am to 1:30 pm on weekdays.
- Where: 12900 Steveston Highway, Richmond
- Cost: Admission $9 on weekdays, $12 on weekends and holidays
There are plenty of pumpkins to choose from at Ladner’s Halloween headquarters. During the last 10 days of October, the farm puts out over 150 carved pumpkins that are lit every evening. After picking your pumpkin, be sure to check out the on-site “haunted” house that is perfect fun for the little ones.
- When: Open daily until October 31, 9 am to 5 pm
- Where: 2485 Westham Island Road, Delta
- Cost: Admission is free, pumpkin prices vary
Besides pumpkins, Gabriel Farms also features hayrides, a petting zoo, and a mini corn maze. The farm will have their annual pumpkin carving contest on October 8. And to really get you in the spirit of Halloween, a bonfire will take place on October 29. The farm accepts cash only.
- When: Open every weekend from 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: 18507 20th Avenue, Surrey
- Cost: General admission $5 (kids under 2 are free), pumpkins sold by size $1 and up
Go on a tractor ride, visit the chicken coop, get spooked in the haunted house and then search for the best pumpkin. Port Kells pumpkin patch offers a variety of activities to make a day of family fun.
- When: Open for the month of October from 9 am to 6 pm everyday
- Where: 18730 88 Avenue, Surrey
- Cost: General admission is free. $5 admission for guests who would like to enjoy unlimited hay rides during their visit. The $5 admission is fully redeemable towards pumpkins, concession treats, or nursery products.
This family farm carries a hearty selection of pumpkins, mini-pumpkins, and gourds, that are perfectly suited for your Halloween needs. After visiting the patch, head down to the farmers market and general store to pick up some tasty treats and produce.
- When: Open for the month of October. Weekdays: 3 pm to 6 pm. Weekends: 10 am from 6 pm. Thanksgiving weekend: 10 am to 6pm
- Where: 8390 172 Street, Surrey
- Cost: Admission is free, pumpkins sold by size
At Aldor Acres, there is no shortage of variety with over 15 types of pumpkins spread across the farm’s 20 acres. After you’re done with pumpkin picking, head over to say hello to the animals or go for a tractor-pulled hayride.
- When: Open for the month of October from 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Where: 8301 252nd Street, Langley
- Cost: $8 admission (anyone of walking age)
Laity Pumpkin Patch
This 18-acre farm has been open for 25 years and is a hit with visitors from all over the Lower Mainland. The farm offers pumpkins, a corn maze, fairy tale trails, wagon rides, and a vegetable garden.
- When: Open for the month of October. Weekdays from 1:30 pm to 5 pm. Weekends and Thanksgiving holiday 9:30 am to 5 pm
- Where: 1145 128th Avenue, Maple Ridge
- Cost: $5 for admission. Pumpkins are $2 and up based on size.
• get ready for pumkin-flavored everything..#letsgetreadyforpumkinpie #pumkinpatch #pumkin #pumkinpie #adventure #farm #farmer #family #love #mmk #sunset #picoftheday #photooftheday #instagood #cute #october #autumn #iphoneonly #bestoftheday #vancityhype #vancityvibe #chilliwack #vancouverisawesome #amazing #nature #sky #sharechilliwack
It’s worth making a day trip to this family farm. With a 12-acre corn maze (this year it is Peanuts-themed) , a variety of pumpkins, a giant jumping pillow, an indoor hay bale maze, a corn train and farm animals, your day will be filled with non-stop fall fun.
- When: Open for the month of October. Hours for pumpkin patch and corn maze vary. Check website for details.
- Where: 41905 Yale Road West, Chilliwack
- Cost: $9.50 admission for ages 9-12. $11.50 for ages 13 and older
Make a stop at this family-run farm for a pumpkin patch adventure in the Abbotsford countryside.
- When: October 1 to 30. Open seven days a week from 9 am to 5:30 pm. October 15 to October 30, (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) open late from 9 am to 6:30 pm
- Where: 333 Gladwin Road, Abbotsford
- Cost: Admission is free for the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. Various rates apply for other attractions. Check website for details.
A crisp fall morning in the pumpkin patch. The patch and Abbotsfords Corn Maze is open everyday 9-6. Only one week left till Abbotsfords Haunted Maze! #abbotsford #farming #haunted #pumpkins #fall #pumpkinspice #local #vancouver #langley #explorebc #exploreabbotsford #locals #family #thingstodo #fun
The pumpkin patch at Maan farms is open every weekend in October. With live entertainment, a carving station, and treats from farm’s country kitchen, this should definitely be on your ‘fall things to do’ list.
- When: Every weekend this October from 9 am to 10 pm
- Where: 790 McKenzie Road, Abbotsford
- Cost: Free admission. Various rates apply for other attractions. Check website for details.